warning - sensitive information

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jaxmummy, 12 April 2009 Social URL.

1. jaxmummy

jaxmummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I know some people will not want to read this but it has shocked me into taking even more action, ( its been one of them days) so thought id share, however i know sometimes you dnt want the obvious stated or noses rubbed in it ( its not my intention xxxx ). But I seem to take notice of facts , not someone talking at me but proven facts. for example ive given up diet coke as excessive consumption has been proven to give you the liver of an alcoholic ( i used to drink nothing else and im talkin over 12 cans a day ! ) so back to te point in question, i googled side effects of being overweight, in less than 5 mins i got
    Coronary heart disease
    Stroke.
    Angina
    Shortness of breath
    Heart attack or cardiac arrest
    Rapid or irregular heart beat
    Atherosclerosis
    High blood pressure
    Sleep apnoea
    High cholesterol
    Carpal tunnel syndrome
    Breast cancer
    Cirrhosis and hepatitis
    Gallstones
    Cancer of the oesophagus
    Renal cell cancer
    Kidney failure
    Type 2 diabetes
    Bowel cancer
    Cancer of the endometrium
    Osteoarthritis
    Dvt
    Fertility problems

Im sure theres more but that was 5 mins work. Now im not thick, or overly smart but im off to university and even so i never realised how much was related to weight issues

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. seren

seren Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OMG. Thats quite shocking. Many of them are obvious (diabetes, high cholesterol, blood pressure) but a few shocked me more than i thought. Even more reason to keep focused on SW!!

I rate myself as a fairly intelligent chick too Jaxmummy,but there are always going to be a million new foods/drinks/materials or fuels that we will be told to avoid at all costs to give us a longer life!

As the old saying goes "everything in moderation"!

How is life without your Diet Coke? I gave up drinking it 5 years ago when i attempted the LighterLife programme....i found it relatively easy, but i know some people who are truly addicted to the stuff..

4. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    Wow! That is scary when you list it like that! It's a good thing we're all going to be out of that category soon enough :)

K xx

5. jaxmummy

jaxmummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    it doesnt bother me now i tried to give up a few times but the headaches were awful. This time it clicked tho as i had blood tests and had a abnormal liver function ( docs even asked if i had a drink problem ) turns out it was the diet coke

6. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    How much is "excessive" though. I'd say 12 cans a day, yup, but that doesn't mean you can't have the occasional can.

And remember, it's unhealthy to be TOO slim too.

Everything in moderation.

7. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh my gosh! That's really shocking!!! :eek: Hopefully we will all be out of those categories soon :) x

8. hunca

hunca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    A few months back when I attended class some people were having weeks where weight loss wasn't what they were expecting & those weeks they had been drinking large amounts of diet coke etc so they cut it out the following week with dramatic results. As the consultant said SW would never say don't drink it as it is free however there are def some people who retain fluid when drinking it. Worth a try or at least cut down if you can't give up completely.

9. Purpleangel

Purpleangel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    i used to have a fizzy drink addiction - diet and full fat!

I did the Lipo Trim programme which is similar to Lighterlife and i am happy to say that fizzy drinks just don't do it for me anymore!

I actually prefer cordial drinks now and tea/coffee.

I think to get over fizzy drinks you need to go cold turkey on them

10. jaxmummy

jaxmummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    i did and been diet coke free for almost 3 weeks lol, was a hard addiction to break but i dnt miss it now

11. hennyhamster

hennyhamster Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    What i also found shocking is when i searched aspartame, it's found in many sugar free products, that's why i struggle to drink enough on sw cos diet drinks often have it in.

12. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

although you know it's not healthy, you don't often see it in front of you like that and it is shocking what we are doing to ourselves! Here's to making our bodies healthy!! x

13. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Most of those are related to severe obesity rather than a couple of stone overweight but shocking nonetheless.

A year ago I swapped all but my first coffee of the day for green/red tea and all my DC for flavoured sparkling water. I felt much better for it almost instantly.

The biggest proof you need that losing weight (SW in particular) is making you healthier is by going back to your old diet for just one day then see how sluggish and sick you feel. It makes you wonder how you ever ate like that!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.