warning!!!Warning!!!

BIG BIRDY

Silver Member
For all you hedgerow pickers out there beware!
I went blackberrying yesterday, and didn't eat one deliberately. Today I am out of ketosis. The only thing it can be is licking my fingers when I got squishy ones! Obviously I ate a few lumps, from the 'squish', and some juice. I guess it was the citric acid. Who knows! Send someone else to get them ! Also the brown and white spiders are en mass in them now too!

Hi Nikki, bet you are back in ketosis tomorrow. You'll have only just knocked yourself out and it will not take long at all to burn up that little amount of sugar you've had. Don't worry too much.xx

OMG!! I went blackberrying y'day too, but as for the big K, I've no idea!!!

Still, the family loved the apple & blackberry crumble I made them so it was worth it!!

You are more likely out of ketosis because you drank a load of water during the day and then tested yourself. You should only test first thing in the morning. I bettya a CD shake you'll be in the pink first thing tomorrow morning!

You are more likely out of ketosis because you drank a load of water during the day and then tested yourself. You should only test first thing in the morning. I bettya a CD shake you'll be in the pink first thing tomorrow morning!

It was first thing in the morning! And mid morning, mid afternoon, early evening!frantic eh! Went pink before I went to bed!

Lol! I love blackberry squish!!:D Reckon it could have been the citric acid.

Or could you have swallowed a spider hiding in the squish:eek: Mmmmm I wonder if spiders contain carbs or are they mainly protein:confused: ;):D

Tracey
x

I remember going blackberrying around the Epping forest area with the whole family and we picked loads. By the time we got them home they were crawling with little maggots. Never again I said. Gross
I soaked mine (Briefly.....!) in vinegary water, and alot of little protien pods float to the top. The rest just have to get frozen and cooked and eaten.... Have you ever seen the articles about what you REALLY eat? Amazing really. There is always the risk of maggots in tinned toms (my mum found one, sent it to Heinz who wrote back and said it was a natural product and was to be expected, but have 2 tins on us!). The amount of dirt and soil in ready bought stuff can be measured in pounds per year! You should see the amount of soil that the leaks on my allotment are carrying! Still east them though! Just won't tell the kids! When I had a horse many moons ago, there were no washing facilities (the loo was a wide hedge), so hands had a quick swill in the horse trough and sarnies were dutifully eaten! I NEVER had a stomach upset!

Back