Was feeling so good until...

Watergirl

Rock Solid
my OH took some mid way pics of me.

Didn't quite feel up to taking pics right at the beginning or it would have upset me too much.

Just took some now and feel terrible :(
I don't feel bad about the diet and am still going strong.
I just thought that I looked so much better than on those pics and now I feel like I've been kidding myself.

Part of me is glad that I've taken them because I do tend to kid myself and now I can see I still have a long way to go.
The other part is fed up though.

Has anyone else done this?

I did the same thing yesterday hon and thought I looked better than the camera said so didn't bother posting them. I was so disappointed but it also made me more determined too xx

Thanks Wabbitt.
I know the camera puts lbs on, but I only had 1 camera pointing at me!

It has definitely made me more determined, but feel like I won't have such a swing in my step for the next few days.

Also, it was in little shorts and t-shirt night time thing. I do look better in clothes I'm sure!

I got dressed up for a night out on Friday and asked other half to take a pic of me.......I refused to look at it until we got back because if I hadn't liked it then I would have had to rush upstairs and get changed again! (looked at it yesterday morning and I was pleasantly surprised although I'm still a tad loathe to put my pics up yet). You're doing so well, and when you have lost a bit more I'm sure you won't mind putting them on your profile because you will be able to see the difference big time!!!! Remember, before and after pics are so inspirational for the rest of us!!!! Keep smiling love, you're not far away from your goal xxxxxxxxx

BTW, my CDC took a pic of me the first time I saw her, I thought I looked quite good in the red jumper I wore........let's just say, I havn't worn it since.......xxxx

Thanks Furry. It is funny how we build up a perception of ourselves and that it can change so much when confronted with evidence!

You're doing fantastically well too :)

Thanks love xxxx

Lol, I've just spent most of the day going through my drawers and wardrobes, and have managed to halve them by taking out all the stuff I've never worn, is now too big, I don't like etc......(I'm an Ebay addict!) lots of stuff still with labels so I am going to spend next week photographing and sticking them on Ebay for sale.......felt quite good as it goes xxxx

I did that last week and it was a lot more fun than taking photos!!! Note to self on which acitivities are fun and which aren't lol.

It's great to go through and clear things out and lovely when things are too big. I'd put them on ebay, but things never seem to sell for that much. Is it worth it? Do you sell things as a job lot?

Aww I dont look at my reflection or the mirror its not my friend, cant remember the last time I had my picture taken either, the day I feel good their will be mirrors everywhere and when I get my goal I want a family shoot and large canvas on the wall , ive been missing from photos for too long now:sigh:

Witchy lol bless you xx Watergirl it costs a few pence really in fees, and you can put a buy it now price on items rather than do auctions if you like. If you sell enough then it all adds up and you have a bit of spending money in your Ebay account which is nice. Sometimes, especially with brand new stuff I'd rather sell it and get some money back than just give it to charity shops. xxx

Thanks for that furry. I do have some new things with tags on, so might just do that.

Witchy - sorry you feel that way and you will get there and love what you look like before you know it :) x

Thanks for that furry. I do have some new things with tags on, so might just do that.

Witchy - sorry you feel that way and you will get there and love what you look like before you know it :) x
s

Its all cool, thats why im on the diet and its exciting and cant wait to go shopping for new clothes and reinvent myself

I never took a 'Before' picture which I kinda regret now, but always ran away as soon as a camera was pointed my way :eek:. But on hols over Easter I let OH take a piccie of me on the beach and was quite disappointed when I saw it :(. In a way it is spurring me on now to keep going with CD as I'm obviously not there yet :), but it is funny how you can have a warped perception of yourself.

On the other hand, OH took piccie of me last week trying on my new dress for our special lunch later this week and I looked quite nice :D. Dress was a size 12 which made me very happy :).

Soon2bslimmer x

i have some awful before pics my CDC took and some 50lbs lost pics but other than that nothing really. just ones from the neck up! i know how you feel, it is disheartening around the halfway point, and i am finding it hard as i am not technically close to goal but it's almost in striking distance! frustrating.

I have sold loads of my clothes on ebay, i would have just donated them otherwise (i did 3 bags of donating and kept the better stuff to sell) and i have made £50 on the first lot, hoping to make more on the second lot as it's better stuff. I listed everything for 99p and it was free to list. it does add up!

I am going to put the money towards my new mulberry bag (as the one i bought the other week was FAKE! ARGH! Luckily the seller refunded me the money, still devastating)

don't be afraid to put pics up, as you have done really well and im sure loads of people will find it inspirational!! x

my OH took some mid way pics of me.

Didn't quite feel up to taking pics right at the beginning or it would have upset me too much.

Just took some now and feel terrible :(
I don't feel bad about the diet and am still going strong.
I just thought that I looked so much better than on those pics and now I feel like I've been kidding myself.

Part of me is glad that I've taken them because I do tend to kid myself and now I can see I still have a long way to go.
The other part is fed up though.

Has anyone else done this?

Hey you have done so well!!
and I bet you look fab in your pictures.. Put your pictures up.. I am sure there is a major difference..
Your doing fab so chin up and I am sure you look great xxx

Wow Curly that pic under your name is Hot! That'll be you in no time :)

I would put the pics up, but I'm practically in underwear lol.

I haven't dared look at the pic my CDC took on my first night, but I am going to ask her to send it to me this week. My OH took some pics on Saturday so I could send to a friend overseas who knows I am doing the diet. I can see some changes but also the amount of work still to do. I also took some close up pictures of my face (eek) to document the changes there.

As for ebay, I have just sold my first few items and made enough to be pleased with - which will pay for CD for a couple of weeks. I have a second selection on now which is getting a little interest and have a pile of OHs shirts to iron and a couple of my "nice idea but never worn" outfits ready to list. Another little distraction for the long evenings!!!

I sold quite a few bits on ebay. Time your seasons though - I got shot of a load of vest tops, jeans and something else, can't remember what. It paid for me to buy stuff off ebay. Think of it as swapping!

I took pics of myself in undies and I cried. I too thought I looked better than I actually did, but hubby says that I'm too hard on myself and I do look better than I think in the pics.

Obv not putting the undie pics on here, but I have posted other pics in my gallery. I'm proud of my weight loss.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels fed up after seeing them! I'm proud too Lexie and should focus on that.

Might join you both with the ebay thing. I have 2 lovely dresses that are very flattering for bigger sizes - one still has the tags on it, from Principles, for £75.

Can't remember if I asked do you both sell individually or do items as a job lot?

Back