Was going to chuck it all

Doirin

Positivity is the key
Hi, I'm day 6 today and not experiencing any day time problems - no cravings, not picking etc. so all should be well. However something happens when I get to bed. I experience a type of panic attack, a sense of doom, like something terrible is going to happen to me. I am so sleep deprived now I feel like I did when the boys were babies.
I spoke with the chemist this morning and he was very supportive, telling me what I felt was normal in some people. He had come across it especially in people who are very anxious about not losing the weight and motivated to do so.
I believe after talking to the chemist and two great friends that I will have it more in control tonight and not feel this panic.

My main difficulties I believe come from the fact that I worry I will not be here to mind my boys, not see them grow up. My husband died last October, very quickly after a short diagnosis of cancer. Naturally this has changed my whole outlook on life and I fear something will happen to me. That as well as my children's fear that something will take me away from them too is why I decided to go on the Lipotrim. They are only 7, 5 and 2. They deserve a healthy parent and I deserve to be here to see them grow into adults.

I am writing this not to frighten anyone but I kept googling my symptoms and couldn't find anything on here about it. I think perhaps if someone finds they are also like this, they may get relief from knowing it's ok and will pass (according to the pharmacist at least by week 3, but probably before).

Sorry this is so long but I just needed to get it all out.
Thanks
Doirin

Hi Doirin

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Husband last year, how tragic and obviously very upsetting for you and the children. Its bound to have had an affect on you and I can understand where your fears are rooting from (I used to suffer panic attacks too).

Fingers crossed for you to have a much much better night tonight, good luck hun.

hey Doirin,

I often feel worried and find myself over analysing things.. what if i decide to take a certain route to somewhere and somthing happens.. etc, it can be quite bad at times. i worry especially when people ask me for directions or advise and then the whole time in the back of my head i am telling myself that if somthing happens to that person whilst they are doing what i have suggested then it will be my fault etc.. it is not so bad as each year passes but i especially worry about my mum and OH .. so i can kind of relate to how you feel.. it sounds like you are feeling better for it after speaking to your chemist and that you do have a good support system with friends and family that you can turn to. I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of your husband, that is truely awful, but i think you should be especially proud of yourself for doing so well.

I think you should visit your gp and see if they can advise you in anyway.. as being sleep deprived will not help your health in any way, and of corse that is your main fear.. and your boys need a helathy, well rested mum. i think its fab that you are still focused on doing your diet with all this in the back of your mind, and i wish you all the best with your weight loss but also be sure to look after yourself :)

im always here to talk if you would like to pm me..

xxxxx

Hiya, sorry to hear about your husband. It's very early in the grieving process and what you are going through is normal, so don't feel bad about it. Have you thought about berevement counselling?

I will keep you in my thoughts and I hope you achieve your weightloss goals.:) :hug99:

oh Doirin poor you. I sont suffer with panic attacks as such, but i worry myself. i worry exactly the same things as you. its only dawned on me this week har far i have already come, and how doing this will make me healthier and therfore have a better quality of life, for both myself and my children. you are not alone. Talking about it always helps me, and there are plenty of people on here only too happy to talk you through your fears and worried. i

Im sorry Doirin, I really do not know what to say in reply to your post.

I know for the first week or so of LT I had problems getting off too sleep and lay awake thinking about thing and often came to think of horrible situations etc..

Hopefully this will pass soon xxx

Thanks all,
I really struggled with posting on this in the first place as it is quite early in my lipotrim journey to be imparting such personal knowledge. It was more about getting the panic attacks since starting Lipotrim that I wanted to talk about but felt it was only fair to give a bigger picture. I was struggling to know if it was a symptom particular to me. I am not glad to hear others may have had a similar experience in their first week but it helps me to go to sleep tonight knowing it's not just me. Thanks again for the replies.
Doirin

Very sorry to hear of your tragic loss Doirin.

I think you are a very strong person to be tackling the issue of your weight during such tough personal circumstances. I don't think you realise how strong a person you must be.

To be doing this now shows what a wonderful and thoughtful mother you are to your boys. To want to provide them with a fantastic parent shows what a truly wonderful person you are.

When your children are older and understand what you have been through they will be very proud of their mum.

Good for you and I am thinking of you. We're always here for a chat or to try and lift your spirits.

Here's to a good night's sleep for you, you deserve it!

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Dorin, I can only imaging how you are feeling.

I havent experienced your symptoms of sleeplessness but I bet once your are well on your journey they will pass. You may be feeling worried about your first weigh in and this is playing on your mind? Take care Dorin and you know where we are if you need to chat.

X

**hugs** xx

Sorry to hear about your hubby hun. I know what it feels like to think it won't work after trying so many diets, but the best way to handle LT is to sit back relax and enjoy the ride.

:)

Morning all,
Just want to say thank you to all who replied and sent good wishes and to say I woke up this morning a different woman after a fabulous sleep. :zz: It really could have just been mind over matter as I went to bed with a positive attitude that all would be well and it was. It is weigh in day tomorrow and I am feeling good for it as so far I haven't even thought of food over the last 6 days. Something has clicked on in my head. Thank God or whoever for ketosis - I know it to be a friend. Feeling so good I might just tackle the toy room!!!!!
Doirin

im sorry to here about your loss i cant even imagine how you feel, since being on lt my sleeping pattern has changed some nights i have to wait till around 3 untill i drop off then have to get up by 7, i used to be able to sleep from 10 but thats changed as long as the weight cones off i dont mind a couple of sleepness nights good luck on your weigh in this week and for the future xxxxx

Morning all,
Just want to say thank you to all who replied and sent good wishes and to say I woke up this morning a different woman after a fabulous sleep. :zz: It really could have just been mind over matter as I went to bed with a positive attitude that all would be well and it was. It is weigh in day tomorrow and I am feeling good for it as so far I haven't even thought of food over the last 6 days. Something has clicked on in my head. Thank God or whoever for ketosis - I know it to be a friend. Feeling so good I might just tackle the toy room!!!!!
Doirin

So glad to read you had a good night Doirin, excellent news.

Big hugs hun xxx

Hi Doirin
The toy room will be just as bad tomorrow!
Glad to hear you had a better rest. Sometimes it can be hard to shup off from the events of the day. I do feel that the expectations of Lipotrim do tend to excite us to the possibilities of reaching goals we never thought possible.

glad to hear your feeling much better sweetipie, good luck for WI.. im sure youv done fab. .. and sleeping better can only help.

bets of luck xxx

Back