Water before weigh in

luke0380

Morning all

Quick question as i am late for work! , as everyone knows when you weigh in the morning your lighter than you are in the evening.

I have my weigh in a 6PM tonight and wondered as water weighs , when is the best time to stop drinking , to allow enough time for what i have drunk to empty the body!!

Of course after weigh in , i can start drinking again!

Thanks

I also WI at 6 and I only drink 2 pints of fluid before WI, both by 11am so they are out of my system by WI. Did a WI test once and drunk a pint of water to see how much it weighed. It weighs a lb :eek:
Good luck for your WI

Thats useful to know VickKi!

I used to WI at 6 too and stopped drinking at 2 pm. I found this was plenty of time for fluid to work itself through without me feeling like i was going to faint by 6 :D

yes i have done plenty of tests on my scales and if i drink even a glass of water i am up a lb..!!

So glad to read that I am not the only one to with-hold water before my weigh in! I get weighed just after 4 and only drink a litre of water, have 2 shakes and a coffee until 1pm.
As soon as my cdc drives off I have a large coffee and a bar!(I am on ss+ so always have a pack around this time when my son has tea to put me on).

Thats so funny! My best mate is on cd with me too and he does this. I thought it was just him being a bit extra. We wi at gone 7pm so after his lunch at 12 he wont eat or drink anything! Wtf think id faint! I know it must weigh something the water i mean, but the way i look at it is i always drink throughoit the day 1 litre before 12 and one before 5 and whatever in the evening so if that extra pound or so is there on the scales it would have been reflecting from my first weigh in so all kinda evens itself out.
But now im kinda desperate (dont knowif anyone has read my 'kick me up the bum' thread but cheated n really need a miracle to obtain a weight loss) think i may just have to join you all here.... So heres the plan... On friday il lunch 1 till two maybe do 1 litre before 12 as usual and half litre on lunch break and nothing else hmmmm i wonder..... Watch this space il let u know :)

Good to know I'm not the only one doing tests on the scales! ;) Before a weigh in I always have a wee as well, as once noticed it can weigh even over 1kg!! Sorry for tmi!

I have 2ltrs before 3pm so allow my body time to get rid of all the water for my 6pm weigh in. It seems to do the trick as there's only 1lb difference between my scales in the morning and my CDCs scales in the evening which I can live with.

Thats so funny! My best mate is on cd with me too and he does this. I thought it was just him being a bit extra. We wi at gone 7pm so after his lunch at 12 he wont eat or drink anything! Wtf think id faint! I know it must weigh something the water i mean, but the way i look at it is i always drink throughoit the day 1 litre before 12 and one before 5 and whatever in the evening so if that extra pound or so is there on the scales it would have been reflecting from my first weigh in so all kinda evens itself out.
But now im kinda desperate (dont knowif anyone has read my 'kick me up the bum' thread but cheated n really need a miracle to obtain a weight loss) think i may just have to join you all here.... So heres the plan... On friday il lunch 1 till two maybe do 1 litre before 12 as usual and half litre on lunch break and nothing else hmmmm i wonder..... Watch this space il let u know :)

Ahhhh good! Thats what I like to see, a convert to the weird world of pre WI riutuals. Even if it doesn't work it makes me feel better so I guess it works in that way anyway :8855:

wow i will have to give all this some thought

But isnt this kind of sort of cheating on yourself?? Cause what does it matter if you're 1 lb heavier when you drink water......you need it and in the end result, wouldnt you want that 1 lb off for good instead of just cause you didnt drink the water you would otherwise??

Yeah, agree with Klev here. It doesn't matter does it? Just best to do the same thing each week, or tweak it to make it work for you if it's really important to you what the scales say.

For example, if you weigh in without drinking water for a while, your weight will show as being slightly under what you really are. This could work if there are any weeks that you feel could be demotivating...like TOTM weeks, but to do it every week wont make any difference.

Your weight will always show as being a big dehydrated, so weekly weight losses will be the same.

Back