WATER - Gulp or Sip????!!!! Confused!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by loobyloo85, 14 August 2007 Social URL.

1. loobyloo85

loobyloo85 Louise

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi Peeps,

I am a little confused over the water thing!!
    I know you should be drinking loads of it and that isnt a problem!!!

But my husband is a professional rugby player and he said to me that i should be sipping the water not gulping it down as it will just go straight through me and wont have any effect!!!

IS THIS TRUE?!

i asumed i wanted it to come straight out and flush all crap in my body (sorry but true) out with it!!! :eek: :eek:

Any input??!!

Cheers

Looby x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I find it better to drink it steadily throughout the day...In have bottle beside PC 1 in the car another I take to work...so whereever I am I just drink a couple of gulps at a time..so basically drinking continuously throughout the day.

Other may do it differntly..find this is the best for me and know by the end of the day I have had between 4 and 5 litres.

4. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

I am a sipper too! Little and often throughout the day, I find that's the easiest way for me.

5. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Although i've always spread my water intake throughout the day, I tend to gulp a glass at a time. Every time I go into the kitchen (which is often as my bathroom is at the other end of it!) I down another glass. So I suppose I'm in between a gulper and a sipper :)

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Water should be consumed evenly throughout the day. If you gulp down water at once - most of it will pass straight to your bladder. If you think of a plant that has dried out .... if you pour lots of water on it, most of it will seep out the bottom. If you regularly water it a little at a time, it will moisten the soil and hydrate the plant.

7. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

I believe your hubby is right. I have been told not to gulp or the water will just go straight through....

I know you feel like you're drinking continuosly but I'm told by my cdc and others on here that this is the way to do it.

Maybe a cdc will be along to confirm this soon.

Best of luck xxx

8. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I'm a mixture of both, try to drink steadily through the day but sometimes if I am lagging behind will have a bit of a gulp down to get my intake up!

Georgie
    x

9. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    im same as porgeous and RD. bit of both. will start sipping properly after reading this tho as im sure it helps the losses if done properly. thanks! xxx

10. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge

I'm the same i do a bit of both...xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.