Water Query

bmthsue

When should I stop drinking water? I've been on the plan for a week and have my first weigh in tonight at 6pm. I always try to have 2L of water through the day everyday, but still have about 3/4L to go today, so should I stop drinking it now (nearly 4pm) as it will make me heavier for my weigh in?!!
Thanks!

I would stop now, so that you can have a good weigh in, but take water with you to sip through Image Therapy.

Good luck!

keep drinking it i say, as you're drinking lots it will filter right through you! keep drinking it and go to the loo just before you get weighed.

Im getting weighed tonight at 6.30pm and ive just had my last cuppa for the eve till straight after weigh in...don't know if it makes a diffrence but done it from the start so feel I have to keep it up!! Good luck later x x

Im getting weighed tonight at 6.30pm and ive just had my last cuppa for the eve till straight after weigh in...don't know if it makes a diffrence but done it from the start so feel I have to keep it up!! Good luck later x x

Yeah, whatever I do from the start I also feel I have to maintain. I don't drink or eat anything after lunch on weigh-in day :eek:

Sometimes I have to take a snack with me to eat immediately after being weighed, and other times I go early and don;t stay to class to get back home for dinner :eek:

Not ideal :eek:

I hang my head in shame because I am VERY naughty on weigh in day (today). I have a mug off coffee when I get up and a bowl of cereal around 12pm then nothing till after I get weighed at 7pm. very bad i know but I darent break the routine now! xx

I wish I had just eaten and drank like normal, but its hard to break it now...Same as wearing the same clothes! they must think my wardrobe is limited! lol x

I just eat and drink as I normally would, I WI at 7pm so I always have dinner before...dont want to wait til 9:30pm for dinner!!

Because I've always done this I dont have to deny myself anything before WI! I'd advise it! x

I just eat and drink as I normally would, I WI at 7pm so I always have dinner before...dont want to wait til 9:30pm for dinner!!

Because I've always done this I dont have to deny myself anything before WI! I'd advise it! x

:eek: Id never eat dinner b4 wi lol

Im naughty. 2 alpens for breaky, mug shot at 12/1 and then nothing till after Wi at 6:30 x

OMG you guys all must starve on weigh day!!! i know its a routine/pattern you have set for yourselves, but maybe on a good week you should perhaps try to break it as you must be really fed up on weigh day!

I eat as normal, and then my weigh in is at 6:30 - so i have my evening meal after!

x

I agree! What's the point of starving yourself on weigh in day. The only person you're fooling is yourself because the number on the scales isn't real and will change as soon as you eat/drink properly. Definitely try and break the habit and what's the worst that could happen? Okay the scales might not show a loss but you'll know exactly why so what's the big deal. SW is not about deprivation - deprive yourself on WI day and you just end up craving food, usually bad stuff, and then going off track.

(Re the OP) I usually stop drinking about an hour before WI, which gives my body enough time to process the excess.

Ive always been told, 'a pint of water weighs a pound and a quatre' so maybe stop drinking with enough time to pee :p

Thanks everyone! I stopped drinking/eating at around 4pm and when I weighed in at 5.45pm I'd lost 2lbs, so think I will carry on eating/drinking as normal on weigh-in day in future.

Well done on your loss Hun.

I tend to eat normally on weigh in day, although have a salad or a light lunch, but I graze on fruit through the day anyway.

I Always eat normally but just stop close to weigh in same as drinking X

I wish I had just eaten and drank like normal, but its hard to break it now...Same as wearing the same clothes! they must think my wardrobe is limited! lol x

hahahaha! i am EXACTLY the same! I wear the exact same outfit every tuesday! hahahahaha!

I eat & drink up till lunch time as normal, have a light lunch. Then the only thing I have after that is a coffee. Then I go to weigh in at 7pm.
I dont think there is anything wrong with this, I dont mind doing it because I wont to get the best result. Its not cheating: the best time to weigh is in the morning with nothing on (i try to get as close to this for my weigh in) That is your ture weight I dont wont to sts because my food and drink is being weighed too!!

Luckily I weigh in 10am Saturday morning, encourages a good Friday night, but find I reward / commiserate Saturdays.

Back