Water question....

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by clare56, 14 September 2009 Social URL.

1. clare56

clare56 Member

Hey guys,

I was just wondering, are tea and coffee counted as part of your water intake?

Thanks,

Clare x x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    my CDC has said no to me...but i know the book says it does.

Maybe a CDC can clarify this as its puzzles me too!

xx

4. Allan G

Allan G Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    :D Yep tea and coffee are part of your daily intake, as long as you dont add milk and sugar, try Green tea as well it tastes better :D

5. amm451

amm451 Do Over

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.77%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Personally I don't count tea or coffee as they are diaretics(sp?) but do count green tea or peppermint tea.

Water flavourings are luch if you are having issues glugging the H20!

6. GeMzY

GeMzY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(7.64%)
    summer berry flavouring in hot water is delicious :)

7. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

It is true that tea and coffee are dieuretics, but it is a falacy that they cause water loss. I asked my Doc about just this subject when I was first doing the diet and he said that the amount of water in a cup of tea or coffee is far greater than any water loss caused by the drinking - so the net effect is a gain in water intake.

That said, I probably drink 2 or 3 cups a day, so my water intake from that pretty much makes no difference, so I never count it.

8. clare56

clare56 Member

Thanks for the advice guys.

I do have trouble drinking enough water so maybe I will try the water flavourings.

Clare x x x

9. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    clare, if ur really having troubles with ur water intake how about getting the water flavouring and then using that to make jelly, using wither the mix a mousse or supercook gelatine.
    a pint of jelly is much easier to get down than a pint of water.... and very tasty :)

10. princessjonsey

princessjonsey Bring on Biffy Clyro

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(27.68%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have to admit sometimes I do get bored of water and the flavourings are great I'm using the berry one, even people i work with have commented about how nice they smell x

11. ginstar

ginstar Member

Diet:
    CD
    please please please tell me how to make the jelly!! I have the flavouring and the mixamousse!! how exciting - jelly!! woohoo

12. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    hi ginstar,
    please look at the below link for directions on how to make a chocolate trifle.
    to make the jelly using mix a mousse just replace the supercook gelatine with 1 rounded scoop of MAM and blend really well.
    only difference is that with MAM jelly u get a weird kinda fizzy froth on top. its quite nice but not if ur gonna throw a tetra on top to make a trifle. lol
    http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/46089-chocolate-trifle-pics.html
    ENJOY :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.