Water Retention

liz0703

Silver Member
I have been hearing all these dreaded stories about weight gain during re-feed even though everyone has stuck to the sheet. Some possible answers to this have been water/fluid retention.

Has/ does anyone use water retention tablets to help with this?

oh what a great idea ... I hope someone answers this in the affirmative and said it worked ...

Vanessa

I never used any water retention tablets.

The first week or refeed, I either stayed the same or gained 1lb (I really cant remember now) but if the refeed is followed properly there should only be a minimal gain, due to the glycogen levels filling up at the correct levels.

Thanks, thats great.

What about when you finished re-feed? Were you worried about water gain then?

If you keep up your fluid intake there shouldn't be much water retention unless you have a medical condition that makes you prone to it? Fluid is responsibile for weight 'gain' in everyone to an extent. My weight will fluctuate every day depending if I've exercised (tired muscles retain fluid while they 'recover'!) If I've eaten a lot of veg/soup, if it's near my totm etc. etc.
Fluctuating weight is not something to be feared- it is to be expected. No-one is the exact same weight day in, day out- that wouldn't be normal!

No, I wasnt worried about water retention, as long as you are following a healthy balanced diet your weight should stay the same within a few lbs.

I weigh every morning (still) and then I will always be a few lbs heavier in the evening, which is natural. Each morning my weight can fluctuate a little up or down depending on what I ate the day before.

Back