Water Retention?

Kaitey

Hi guys,

Sorry I feel like all I do is ask questions on here! Just so much to learn!

I was just wondering how long it takes you to stop retaining water if you don't drink enough for a few days? I really struggled to up my water intake to the 4pints, and I've been weighing daily since & I think it's making me retain water! Really been trying to up my water intake since (managed 4 1/2 pints yesterday) and my weigh in is tomorrow, but I think I might just be super disappointed with my result :(

I'm not sure on the answer to you retention question but are you having your water 'straight' or with a flavouring? Lol

Personally I cannot drink more than 1 pint in a day of straight water but if I add the flavouring it goes down well and I can easily manage my daily intake.

I have the flavouring in every bottle of water I have. Although there will be contradicting statements as to weather or not this is 'allowed' I have been doing it since I started and it hasn't affected my loss or knocked me out of ketosis. My CDC also agrees I can have it in every bottle.

I have it straight since it's only my first week, I usually only just drink 2-3 cups of day and 1 glass of squash/fizzy juice! Can't get my head around black tea though, ick ick ick!

Talk to your CDC and see what she says. I had the water flavourings in my first week from day 1
In fact. I lost 13lbs in my first week so I can honestly say it didn't affect me!

My first weigh in is tomorrow - eek! Been weighing myself daily and think I'll only have lost 4 or 5 lbs :( :( will ask about them then :)

Don't worry, I've only lost about the same in my first week. I know I've got water retention as can see it in my hands. And I'm due on :( this can all have an impact, stick with it and you will probably lose more next week x

After you posted about being due on, I've just had my first bleed since last April! Had a look online and it seems like a lot of people on Depro (the contraceptive injection which I'm on) have had this too, with bleeds lasting 4 - 5 weeks! :(

I have a contraceptive implant and haven't had a period for nearly 2 years! When I started CD I started a period - rather heavy. I have been regular ever since. Strange or what?!

I know! From what I've read online It goes back to normal once you're off a VLCD though! :D

Chelles said:
I have a contraceptive implant and haven't had a period for nearly 2 years! When I started CD I started a period - rather heavy. I have been regular ever since. Strange or what?!

Wow so jealous of you - had my implant in August and had probably 8 weeks in total of no bleeding since then :(

OscarsMum said:
Wow so jealous of you - had my implant in August and had probably 8 weeks in total of no bleeding since then :(

On minipill here with no periods and since being on CD i have them every other week for a full week! :(

I got periods on my implant but not on the injection, LOVES IT! :D

Aw it's so annoying isn't it Jennifer? It's like you're finally feeling good about yourself and your body's like 'not so fast, you can't be using this confidence for dirtiness!' :p

Back