Water Tablets

fluffycat09

Hi
Just wondering if water tablets from the Doctor help with water retention whilst on the CD as I know the packs have a directic in them. Any thought would be great. Thanks.

Hi Fluffy

How are you? How much have you lost now then??

My CDC said I could go and get some from the chemist (as I retain water around my TOTM) - but so far I have never bothered.

Bethan xx

Hi Fluffy

How are you? How much have you lost now then??
Hiya I'm fine thanks, even better when I've finished this diet... lol. I've lost 2lb short of 4 stone. Would like another 1 and a half off before I go away in 6 weeks. Hmmm well see.

How about you, your ticker is moving along very nicely I see... thats good.

My CDC said I could go and get some from the chemist (as I retain water around my TOTM) - but so far I have never bothered.
Hmmm I know the CDC say ok to take them, but was wondering if they work, my ankles are so puffy I need to do something about them a to look better and b to make them feel better. So was wondering if any one had tried them and has results.

Bethan xx

Lovely to hear from you. I am on nearly every day just in the hidden away SS no food mention area... lol..

hi,when i joined cd i had to get doc to sign form as dieretics(water tablets are NOT ALLOWED ) ON THIS DIET AS ITS ALREADY QUITE DEPLETING OF WATER! you cannot take them. hope this helps

Just wondering if anyone else has any info. I have terrible swollen ankles... need to do something. Thought about going to the Doctor, but coming off the diet isn't going to happen just yet...

I thought that because you are not taking in carbs and your glycogen levels become depleted, that you cannot retain water?
Isn't that why people say about it being water weight that you put on when you start eating properly again?

If you are taking prescribed diuretics then you need to have your BP checked regularly (recommend at least monthly with SS) with the doctor as he may want to alter your dosage.

It is not advisable to take OTC (over the counter) water tablets as this can cause a drop in Blood pressure leading to you fainting, and that's never good!

HTH a bit!

I thought that because you are not taking in carbs and your glycogen levels become depleted, that you cannot retain water?
Isn't that why people say about it being water weight that you put on when you start eating properly again?

I don't think that is true, but I may be wrong. Carbs in your glycogen stores do retain more water and initial weight gain going straight from SS to eating will be alot of water, which comes with the carbs/glycolen. something like for every glycolen oz, you retain 2 oz of water, figures most prob wrong, but something like that.
You can still however during the natural cause of things retain water, lots of people do during the totm and again at other times, not drinking enough also makes the body retain water.

If you are taking prescribed diuretics then you need to have your BP checked regularly (recommend at least monthly with SS) with the doctor as he may want to alter your dosage.

It is not advisable to take OTC (over the counter) water tablets as this can cause a drop in Blood pressure leading to you fainting, and that's never good!

HTH a bit!

Thanks Ali , I'll try my doctor if my ankles don't get better over the next couple of weeks. I will have to pop an see him so any way, so I can ask him. I don't think my blood pressure is high, but it may be low, if often used to run low. So he may not give me them. I only have 6 weeks left to do the CD any way, I just wanted slimmer ankles for my hols...

Hi Bethan - I've suffered water retention for many years, even when slim. Recently tried Aquaban (take for 5 days before TOM). Quite effective and I haven't experienced any side effects, only less fluid retention. Worth a try.

Back