Water Tablets

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by fluffycat09, 8 August 2009 Social URL.

1. fluffycat09

fluffycat09 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi
    Just wondering if water tablets from the Doctor help with water retention whilst on the CD as I know the packs have a directic in them. Any thought would be great. Thanks.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LadyB

LadyB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    Hi Fluffy

How are you? How much have you lost now then??

My CDC said I could go and get some from the chemist (as I retain water around my TOTM) - but so far I have never bothered.

Bethan xx

4. fluffycat09

fluffycat09 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Lovely to hear from you. I am on nearly every day just in the hidden away SS no food mention area... lol..

5. lifetimeloser71

lifetimeloser71 cwpc

Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    cambridge MAINTAINING
    hi,when i joined cd i had to get doc to sign form as dieretics(water tablets are NOT ALLOWED ) ON THIS DIET AS ITS ALREADY QUITE DEPLETING OF WATER! you cannot take them. hope this helps

6. fluffycat09

fluffycat09 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Really I didn't know that.... I'll have to double check with my CDC may be she didn't understand me.

7. fluffycat09

fluffycat09 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Does anyone else know any more about this, just why can you not have them and are there any exceptions. Help.....

8. fluffycat09

fluffycat09 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Just wondering if anyone else has any info. I have terrible swollen ankles... need to do something. Thought about going to the Doctor, but coming off the diet isn't going to happen just yet...

9. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    I thought that because you are not taking in carbs and your glycogen levels become depleted, that you cannot retain water?
    Isn't that why people say about it being water weight that you put on when you start eating properly again?

10. alipally

alipally Serial Dieter!

Start Weight:
    118.3kg
    Current Weight:
    113.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    80kg
    Lost(%):
    4.6kg(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Optifast/cambridge
    If you are taking prescribed diuretics then you need to have your BP checked regularly (recommend at least monthly with SS) with the doctor as he may want to alter your dosage.

It is not advisable to take OTC (over the counter) water tablets as this can cause a drop in Blood pressure leading to you fainting, and that's never good!

HTH a bit!

11. fluffycat09

fluffycat09 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I don't think that is true, but I may be wrong. Carbs in your glycogen stores do retain more water and initial weight gain going straight from SS to eating will be alot of water, which comes with the carbs/glycolen. something like for every glycolen oz, you retain 2 oz of water, figures most prob wrong, but something like that.
    You can still however during the natural cause of things retain water, lots of people do during the totm and again at other times, not drinking enough also makes the body retain water.

12. fluffycat09

fluffycat09 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks Ali , I'll try my doctor if my ankles don't get better over the next couple of weeks. I will have to pop an see him so any way, so I can ask him. I don't think my blood pressure is high, but it may be low, if often used to run low. So he may not give me them. I only have 6 weeks left to do the CD any way, I just wanted slimmer ankles for my hols...

13. Tracey1404

Tracey1404 Enjoyin' my journey....

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(15.27%)
    Diet:
    SS+
    Hi Bethan - I've suffered water retention for many years, even when slim. Recently tried Aquaban (take for 5 days before TOM). Quite effective and I haven't experienced any side effects, only less fluid retention. Worth a try.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.