water weight question

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by missjam, 22 May 2011 Social URL.

1. missjam

missjam Full Member

im not on atkins but low carb diet losing on 60g ... just wondering what knocks your water weight back up... is it the amount of carbs, or when you have high gi foods... an example being if you ate loads of carbs worth of clean veg (a bit more than 60) would this make your water weight bounce up again? sorry not very clear at explaining!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. missjam

missjam Full Member

anyone?

4. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
    Well, I suppose if something knocks you out of ketosis then you will retain water again and also totm. Sometimes dodgy hormones will do it too.

5. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Based on what i've read re insulin response i guess that would be key. Therefore having slightly more carbs spread over the day may be fine but get a high gi load (i will include one very small choccie mousse as this weekend's example:eek: ) and the water weight jumps on(which hopefully explains the 2 lbs ive just put on:( )

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.