WATER WEIGHT VS FAT GAIN

missjam

I have a question... i know when you eat carbs after this diet you will gain a few pounds in water weight from not being in ketosis... but when do you gain fat? I know the average rule is 3500 calories more than what you need per week results in a pound of fat gain...

but is this the same rule after being on exante? just thinking about birthday really... calorie wise i may be splashing out and its going to be on gateaux cake and things like that.. so a lot of sugar eating and alcohol... its only for the weekend as I want to enjoy it.

but if i dont go over my 3500 calories i wont gain a pound/lb of fat? and will only have water weight gain until im back on track with exante.... true or false?

I'm really not sure MissJam :S I know that is how it is "supposed" to work, but a lot of the time I can't make ryhme or reason of my weight gains :S
Hopefully someone else can be more helpful :)

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but - basically, when you come off Exante & start eating you can gain a few lbs (or more) of water-weight, yes. Now, if you eat 3500kcal (and that's a lot of calories) & do no exercise, yeah, chances are you will put on weight. But if you're planning on coming straight back to Exante, then I don't think you need to worry. The water weight will come off, and in time so will those extra lbs that you might have gained due to eating high calorie foods. Also, if you've been on Exante for a while, your stomach should have shrunk along with your appetite - you may find that you can't eat or drink as much as you used to, or want to. Hope this helps, & I hope you have a lovely birthday regardless. :) x

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but - basically, when you come off Exante & start eating you can gain a few lbs (or more) of water-weight, yes. Now, if you eat 3500kcal (and that's a lot of calories) & do no exercise, yeah, chances are you will put on weight. But if you're planning on coming straight back to Exante, then I don't think you need to worry. The water weight will come off, and in time so will those extra lbs that you might have gained due to eating high calorie foods. Also, if you've been on Exante for a while, your stomach should have shrunk along with your appetite - you may find that you can't eat or drink as much as you used to, or want to. Hope this helps, & I hope you have a lovely birthday regardless. :) x

......and once you have expelled the food ;) :D

yeah I will only be off it for a few days... i doubt im going to go insane and eat till i explode but it will be naughty foods! ill be back on exante properly on monday!

so you think at most ill only gain a pound of fat?? hm!! makes you stress when you have worked hard xx

ok im cambridge so pretty similar to exante and my birthday was last thursday. i weighed in at 17st 9lb the day before my birthday, i ate on the thursday and friday ( including gateaux ) and i weighed 18 st 2lb on the saturday. my weigh in was today and im now 17st 6lb so i got off the birthday excess and an extra 3lb

Back