Water

That's_So_Fetch

Gold Member
Does anyone else get to the point where they drink so much water that it just starts to taste disgusting :confused:

Sometmes i get this horrible sour taste in my mouth when i drink water and i dont know what it is. It really puts me off drinking anymore.:(

For the past couple of days i have only managed 3- 3.5 litres. :(

But I have also noticed that i am going to the toilet less.

Anyway, i just had to post about this because i am trying to finish a litre right now and i am finding it difficult. :(

I hope everyone else is doing ok xx :)

have u got the water flavouring?? i hate water but im finding it fine with the berry flavouring, deffo worth getting!!
keep going u can do it just imagine its a nice glass of wine lol

Lol, i dont drink wine, it against my religion, lol. I thought about the flavourings but because i was having low losses i thought that i dont want to have anything extra incase i am too sensitive to it and it kicks me out of ketosis.

I think i will just try to spread my water out more throughout the day so it doesn't feel like i am drinking so much. But if it does get to the point where i really get fed up with it, i might get some flavourings.

Thanks for the reply Judy, i hope things are going well for you :)

Lol, i dont drink wine, it against my religion, lol. I thought about the flavourings but because i was having low losses i thought that i dont want to have anything extra incase i am too sensitive to it and it kicks me out of ketosis.

I think i will just try to spread my water out more throughout the day so it doesn't feel like i am drinking so much. But if it does get to the point where i really get fed up with it, i might get some flavourings.

Thanks for the reply Judy, i hope things are going well for you :)

I'm not a fan of water either, but try to drink at least 1lt water and the rest flavoured. I'm carb sensitive but water flavouring hasn't affected ketosis. I think it is just trial and error.

Its good to sipped throughout the day to give your body a chance to rehydrate.

CDC

Water is the key to the diet.

And the Cambridge flavourings do a lot to help you get it down.

I also found I could drink more tap water than bottled mineral water as I started to taste the minerals after the fourth litre!

M.

I have become a bit of a water connoisseur! Evian and Lidl brands taste chalky and make me feel sick - but I love Aldi brand and volvic and highland spring. Tapwater varies depending on the part of the country you're in - its nice in Glasgow bec it comes from a loch in the Trossachs and is very soft (TMI perhaps!;)) Anyway - maybe try 500ml bottles of mineral water (1.99 for 12 in Aldi!) - I find it goes down easier than facing a huge pint glass! Also water flavourings in sparkling water with lots of ice ... and the odd strawberry and kiwi perfectly clear helps alleviate the boredom too! I now feel thirsty if I haven't had my 4 litres (in the past that could have been put down to alcohol-induced dehydration but alas! no longer) Anyway keep at it - it does get easier! Best of luck
Mrs P:)

The water up here is great ( even better when they turn it into whisky)I only drink bottled awter at work and that is only to help me keep track of how much I am drinking.You could try a filter jug (and keep it in the fridge) to make your water more palatable.

Alex

Thanks for all the replies :)

I mainly drink from 1 Litre Volvic bottles. I used to be ok with having upto 4 litres but i just cant seem to get passed the 3.5 mark for the past few days. I will try for 4 litres tmrw.

I dont know why it begins to taste sour, but it is really disgusting.

I just cant wait till its over and i only have to have about 2 litres a day to keep me glowing.

xx :)

yesterday i was really struggling with water but i managed to make 4 pints of warm water (3 pint hot mixed with 1 cold)with 1 teaspoon of water flavourings and i managed to drink it pretty easily :D jus a lil suggestion, cos cold water was having the same affect on me

xxx

Back