Water

Sap91

Is it true the more water you drink the better weight loss you get?

I read it in one of the forums as I stick to 2.25l a day pls let me know

According to my cdc, when you're in ketosis, your body creates ketones.
If you do not up your water to flush out the ketones, then your body may feel under attack, and so will cling on to all your weight. If the ketones are flushed through, your body does not feel under threat and so drops the weight.

It's very important nor to drink it all at once though - as that can be extremely dangerous. Little and often is the key.

I personally aim for 3-4litres everyday. Some people find that 4litres is too much, and they retain water. Try it - you'll soon work out what works for you.

If I miss any water I really struggle with weightloss. But I guess everybody's different!

4 litres!! ive been struggling with 2.5!! i feel like a bloated walking water balloon... :( i hope it gets better ive only been doing this a week..but ive heard the more u drink the better it is for ur metabolism as well.

Is it true the more water you drink the better weight loss you get?

I read it in one of the forums as I stick to 2.25l a day pls let me know

In a word? No!

'The more you drink the more you shrink' used to be a favourite quote but its totally untrue. So much so Cambridge actually came out and said as much a while back.

So long as you stick to the recommended amount youre fine :)

I try and drink just over 2 litres of water and the rest of my drinks are black coffee, Green Tea & maybe a cup of peppermint tea. That way i know I am getting more than plenty. I find putting the water in little cups or bottles helps with my water intake. I don't believe drinking lots makes you lose weight quicker.

Starlight is absolutely right (of course :D)

It's important to drink enough water - that's 2.25 litres or 4 pints plus the water in your shakes (minimum 225ml for each one) or, if you're having a bar, an extra glass of water to go with the bar.

But no, it makes little difference whether you drink more than that. If you find you're thirsty, then by all means drink more, but don't force it down for the sake of it.

And remember, losses will vary hugely on a week to week basis. Some weeks you lose 4-5 lbs, some weeks you won't lose anything (yes, nothing! - even if you've been 100%). That's just how weight loss goes because scales can't measure whether you've lost fat but retained water.

People will try to tell you that you should always lose 3-4 lbs a week on Cambridge (including some CWPCs:rolleyes:), but sadly, you won't. You'll lose, over the course of a month, up to a stone (which averages out at 3 and a half pounds a week). But you won't necessarily lose the weight in similar-sized amounts each week.

And if you haven't got too much to lose (and by the looks of things, Sap91, you haven't) realistically, weight loss will be more like 2 lbs a week). But take heart, cos that's still faster weight loss than you'd get on WW or SW (after the first week or two).

Last edited:
Starlight said:
In a word? No!

'The more you drink the more you shrink' used to be a favourite quote but its totally untrue. So much so Cambridge actually came out and said as much a while back.

So long as you stick to the recommended amount youre fine :)

Thanks Sharon

Will stick to my 2.25l as already struggle to drink that much

I'm really really struggling to even drink more than 1.5 litres of water, I'm trying but it's very difficult as i only use to drink coke zero and juice everyday until I started CD

Does anyone have any tips for me pls ;-)

Veve said:
I'm really really struggling to even drink more than 1.5 litres of water, I'm trying but it's very difficult as i only use to drink coke zero and juice everyday until I started CD

I also had this problem. I never used to drink anything more than a couple of diet comes and a couple of coffees a day. So as well as struggling with water, I also struggled with the volume.

Once I got into the swing if it though, I find that the more I drink, the more thirsty I feel. Not sure I'd ever felt thirst before this!

So my tips are:
- drink from a 500ml bottle. Then set a target for the day (I aim for 8 and without fail always manage 6!)
- plan your water like meals. I set myself deadlines throughout the day when I needed to move into the next bottle (7am, 8, 10.30, 12, 2.30, 4, 6.30,before bed) I then set reminders on my phone/on my computer at work ...... so In constantly reminded if I am behind schedule.
- set yourself mini targets. I used to not let myself go to the toilet before I had finished my current bottle. Or not get my next shake before I had finished my current bottle.

I know other people always drink a glass before and after each shake, or everytime they go to the bathroom, or before every coffee.

You need to find a pattern that fits in with you day to day. It take a lit of concentration to start with, but I now find its more natural and I don't gave to think about it so much.

(ps TOTM means time if the month)

Veve said:

I also had this problem. I never used to drink anything more than a couple of diet comes and a couple of coffees a day. So as well as struggling with water, I also struggled with the volume.

Once I got into the swing if it though, I find that the more I drink, the more thirsty I feel. Not sure I'd ever felt thirst before this!

So my tips are:
- drink from a 500ml bottle. Then set a target for the day (I aim for 8 and without fail always manage 6!)
- plan your water like meals. I set myself deadlines throughout the day when I needed to move into the next bottle (7am, 8, 10.30, 12, 2.30, 4, 6.30,before bed) I then set reminders on my phone/on my computer at work ...... so In constantly reminded if I am behind schedule.
- set yourself mini targets. I used to not let myself go to the toilet before I had finished my current bottle. Or not get my next shake before I had finished my current bottle.

I know other people always drink a glass before and after each shake, or everytime they go to the bathroom, or before every coffee.

You need to find a pattern that fits in with you day to day. It take a lot of concentration to start with, but I now find its more natural and I don't gave to think about it so much.

(ps TOTM means time of the month)

I really don't know if this is accurate or not but my cdc said she can have diet coke And it doesn't affect it so.....? Cld try it for one day and c how weight n weeing go for the next twenty four hrs. X

The official CD guidelines are to avoid all soft diet drinks - although some CDCs say different things depending on their personal experiences - you need to be really careful with what the drinks have in them citric acid or derivatives of (some of the E numbers) as these can either make you feel hungry(and we don't need more temptation!!) or worse knock you out of ketosis . I was a real diet coke junkie but am sticking to just water or more recently the CD flavoured water and its working OK, Did take a bit of will power to get used to it though.

Back