Water

How important is it to drink loads of water? I'd been following extra easy 100% for 2 weeks only lost 1lb the first week and a maintain the 2nd. Hadn't been drinking a lot of water though do u think this could have affected my loss?

Thanks

Water is important cos it flushes out our systems. It wouldn't hurt to try and drink more to see if it makes your losses any higher. Herbal teas count as water but anything with caffeine in will dehydrate you x

good to know about the caffiene. iv been having the diet energy drinks all week and fely completley dehydrated by the time i go to bed at night. think ill be sticking to water this next week

I'm a herbal tea addict since starting SW. I do have my morning coffee & normal tea but all afternoon I'm on the fruity teas as water is boring without a hint of something else to me!

When i increased my water intake to between 2 to 3 litres a day i found i had more regular losses whereas before they were small losses or sts not that small losses were bad but it also helped me with my overeating as sometimes i was actually thirsty and not hungry so instead of snacking i would drink some water first and if that filled me up than i knew it was thirst and if it didnt than i would have a snack x

You would need to drink fifteen cans of coke to have any diuretic impact from the caffeine. They might not hydrate you as well as water, but the difference is slight and wont impact on your weight loss. Drinking more fluids in general however is a good idea. I know i tend to do much better when i drink more.

I've kicked a diet coke addiction aside from weight loss it's knackering the enamel on my teeth, bloats me, and diet coke is linked to a 60-70% increased risk in type2 diabetes. Water for me now.

I've kicked a diet coke addiction aside from weight loss it's knackering the enamel on my teeth, bloats me, and diet coke is linked to a 60-70% increased risk in type2 diabetes. Water for me now.

I have been addicted to diet coke for many many years. I too have now overcome the addiction and only drink water or very diluted squash. I am only just starting my journey(second time round) so am hoping that the vast amounts of water that i drink will have a good impact on my weight loss x x

Hey just to let you know, i lost 12lb on my first weigh in on Monday and i drank 3 litres of water a day that week and im positive that this helped me lose as much as i did xx

Back