Water

ArmsOfAnAngel

A question on how people adjusted to the water drinking, how did we all find the drinking 3/4 litres of water per day?

I am still dubious about CD but tempting, I have lost 5lbs in two weeks which to me is a little demotivating and carrot sticks are getting boring

Hiya, I am currently running on around 6 litres a day....scary stuff!!

Its hard at the start but does gradually get easier and the trips to the loo become less frequent. Have to say though, when I drink more water it works for me and on the weeks I have drank less I havent had such good losses

I love the water, I still drink loads and loads now (probably about 3.5 litres) - I drink it warm with water flavourings and just drink continually through the day.

A question on how people adjusted to the water drinking, how did we all find the drinking 3/4 litres of water per day?

I am still dubious about CD but tempting, I have lost 5lbs in two weeks which to me is a little demotivating and carrot sticks are getting boring

Hello AoA (hope you don't mind the abbreviations)

I still pee like it's oing out of fashion, hoever even when I'm off the wagon, like now :eek: , I still drink about 3 litres per day. When I'm sole sourcing I drink between 4-5litres. Quite easy and the secret is in the planning.

For instance, in the morning I always drink 1 litre on my drive to work. I'll get to work and use the toilet (although using the loo straight away has subsided). My drive to work is 1 hour - however I drink the litre within 30 minutes of my drive. I know I won't wet myself as I know I haven't drunk anything for 9 hours prior (it's my first drink of the morning). SO by the time I get to work, I've already drunk half of my CD water quota (2¾ litres).
Once I use the loo I'll get started on my 2nd litre then drink my first shake.
I'll have my 3rd litre at lunch time, and may be a 4th litre if I have time. I stop drinking at 14:30 so I'm able to drive home without any pee stops.
I get home and drink another 1.5-2litres with my soups/shakes and stop drinking at about 20:00hrs that enables me to sleep with little or no disturbance.

Thus, there you have it at. About 5 litres per day, 6 if I'm virtuous and don't mind running to the toilet.

Also, for information: for many many years I've always drunk my drinks ambiently. Drinking water this way assists greatly when on CD.

HTHs

Schedule, schedule, schedule. Then you'll form a habit and then it will be second nature.

I can't imagine not drinking a litre of water within two hours of waking up now.

I'm with Cah - Ching ... drink on the journey to and from work (a litre each way). Replaced the constant coffee on my desk with water. I also drink water at night if I'm doing marking etc (for school) or watching TV. I find it easier in a big glass with lots of ice. To be fair - I drank a lot of water before CD anyway.

i bought little 1 litre bottles of evian from asda (6 for £3 just now!) and just refill them out the tap, i write down each litre i drink so i know exactly what ive downed. i get thro around 6 litres per day and it really helped when i was cd-ing. like C-Ching scheduling is the key, id do a litre every 2 hours.
good luck xxx ps cd is THE BEST if you can get into it! im off the wagon just now and feel absolultey cr*p compared to how i feel when on cd!

ps HI ANNE-MARIE!!!!!!! (WAVES LIKE A MAD MAD WOMAN HEHE)

Planning, I filled 2 x 2 ltr bottles every morning, one before 1.30pm and the other after!!!

Loo stops being a pain at first but then no problems after!!

i bought little 1 litre bottles of evian from asda (6 for £3 just now!) and just refill them out the tap,

I saw that in asda too and went back yesterday and I think the offer has ended.
I never thought of that drink it on the way to work, that would be a way to get the sweeties out of my car ;)

I think the hardest one is work collegues, automatically making you a brew, the older women (that sounded awful but not too sure how to put it, cause they double my age) cause I am relatively young to them are like, 'you're been faddy, you should eat more, you'll waste away, oohhh have a bacon butty' and they are the ones who are size 10 nothings and whinge that they'll have to wear 'slimming pants' YES i said 'SLIMMING pants' to the xmas party under their dresses cause they have a buldge..... hahahahaha

Sorry I had my little rant of the day. The more I think about it, I think come Feb after my birthday I am going to go Cambridge, if I rota water I may have to limit myself on Tuesday as I have 3 x 2hr blocks at my college courses or drink it towards the end of the 2hour slot and hope it goes through (mind the pun) quick enough.

And reading all these folk on here who don't just see it as a fad and pick everyone up and don't put them down for falling off the wagon, I think this will be my vice to it all.....

You go for it! I am sure you will feel good once you get going.

I started today and have nearly had my 3rd litre. I am going to the loo a lot, but it's not been too hard to drink this much as I have been drinking out of bottles. I am not sure how I am going to be at work tomorrow, probably will have comments about the trips to the loo, but I don't really mind, once the weight starts coming off, I really won't care what anyone says or thinks!

Another one for planning here.
I know at work that 3 cups from the machine = 1/2 ltr and have a chart on my desk to keep track.

This weekend at home have filled a asda 5ltrs bottle and as it goes down I know how much Ive drunk.

I was a guilty one before and didnt drink too much water but have been managing to drink between 4 and 5 litres. I also prefer it hot.

Back