Water...

JustForMe

Gold Member
has anyone found that magic number that gives them good losses week in and week out.

I have seen people who drink too much and WI can be affected or slows down or drink to little and WI can slow down.

So whats your magic litreage....?

Mine is 4lts. Last week I lost 5lbs and this week 3lbs. Really pleased with that at this stage of the diet.

It's not that drinking too much water can slow down weightloss, it's just that soemtimes, your body will hold on to the water, causing water retention, making you weigh more.

But also, not drinking enough water can cause water retention too, as the kidneys will hold on to as much water as it can get because it's not getting enough, again making you weigh more.

Drink at least 2 litres (4 pints), and no more than 4 litres (8 pints).

alot of peoples seem to be about 4...i drink loads more than that but i hate tea and coffee so i glug glug glug :)

Ooooh my bad LOL

Well, my limit is 2 litres, I really struggle with water. Drinking a lot of it makes me feel sick, but lately I've only been able to drink 500ml's - 1 litre

Ooooh my bad LOL

Well, my limit is 2 litres, I really struggle with water. Drinking a lot of it makes me feel sick, but lately I've only been able to drink 500ml's - 1 litre

do you drink things like peppermint tea instead?

I don't like tea in any shape or form. Tastes like sweet mud.

I only drank water and stuff to help me poop LOL

Actually Yas - too much water apparently CAN slow down weight loss. According to LT anyway - if you drink too much you can wash away and wee out all the nutrients which in turn can make your body go into starvation mode ... and you know what happens then.

I didn't know this till it was posted here the other day. xx

Jan,

That makes sense physiologically. The way the kidneys process filtrates (minerals) can be affected quite a bit if too much water is consumed. It forces changes in blood pressure (volume) that fool the brain into sending signals to the kidney to encourage diuresis. With that, the good stuff can get washedaway too.

I was drinking 4.5litres daily but the girl in my pharmacy said 4litres max... I try to stick to this but the last 3 days have been around 3.5ish... I suppose I am catching up on last week!

Back