*Waves* Hello :o)

Time Lady

Hello everyone, I thought would research perhaps joining a weight loss support forum so I could talk to others and get some advice while I diet and exercise. I have joined another one before here, but this is the second one I thought I might try. :)

I started yet another go at dieting and the exercising last Monday (I have tired to do it so many times, but I have just found my determination fizzles out and I end up putting all my weight back on again.) and this time I am absolutely determined to lose weight. My mum is encouraging me as well by dieting too because she needs to lose 1st and half, so I have her with me.

My name is Gemma (My username comes from my obsession with Doctor Who :D) , I am 24 years old, female, from the UK and a couple of years ago, my mum told me to go to the doctor about my weight because there was no real reason why I should be as heavy as I was because although I didn't exercise all the time and ate the odd chocolate bar etc, I was quite active and didn't eat that much. Anyway, she suggested doing blood tests and a couple weeks later she informed me that I have PCOS. She gave me a fact sheet of a few pages telling me all about it and discussed what we could do. So she put my on the pill to stabilise my hormones putting them back to where they should be and suggested that I try and lose some weight too. So she gave me these fat-busting pills which would take out a percentage of any fat that I had in my diet. These worked really well and everybody complimented my weight loss, and I lost about 1st and a half. But I hit a plateau and she took me off them. I stopped going to the doctor and then over the last year I put that weight back on so last week I weighed myself and I was 223.8lbs (16st).

I thought that this was enough and my weight was really getting me down so I thought I would try again. I have set a goal to lose 8lbs in four weeks and see how it goes, I am doing this quietly for myself and in my own pace, a step at a time.

So what I have been doing is having a bowl of cereal for breakfast and lunch and then a salad dinner (kind of like the Special K diet on the TV but with different cereals). Nothing in between except a piece of fruit if I am hungry. I have cut out bread all together which was doing me no good, I have cut out crisps, chocolate and I am drinking a lot more water instead of fizzy drinks and squash.

I am also doing two exercise workouts a day for at least 20 minutes in the morning and afternoon (if I want to push myself I stay at it for longer.) I use a Reebok Mini Stepper and its actually quite good fun. I have started using the resistance tubes with it this week, as well as free-stepping and I take my dog out every day too. Also at the weekend my mum and I go for long walks in the countryside which last about 10-12 miles most of the time, this we do for about two days, if we can, with our dog.

Since last week I have lost 3lbs
redface.gif

Wow that was a long post, if you read all that thank-you so much for taking the time. I just thought I would introduce myself. I have never been on a weight-loss forum before so this is a new experience for me. I hope to get to know some of you guys.

Gemma :)

Last edited:
blimey that was a long post. Firstly well done on your loss so far. You seem determined and your head is in the right place which for me is the key to losing weight. I wish you all the best xx

If you want to familiarise yourself with the forum I would suggest viewing the tutorials above. They provide everything you need to know.

Take Care Hun
xx

Hi there and well done on your weight loss so far :) I've suffered from PCOS for about 20 years now, and it can make losing weight harder, but in no way is it not do-able :) Good luck on your weight loss journey
xx

:) Thanks for the lovely welcomes. Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot to me, its exactly why I joined a forum like this because I don't have many people in real-life that I can get this sort of support from, and in return I will certainly be supportive to people here too.

I am pleased with my weight loss so far, it means I am on the way to meeting my first target of 8lbs in 4 weeks. :)

Thanks again, I feel I am going to love it here.

Gemma
:)

Hiya hun, Welcome to minimins. You will love it here is right, loads of peeps all at different stages and plans of weight loss.
Well done on you lbs of so far. Sounds like your plan is working.
Any questions ask away always someone around to help.

becky xx

Hi Gemma and welcome to our community :D:D:D

Back