*waves* hello

Hello everyone,

I started S&S on Saturday and have been lurking on here to give me inspiration. I thought I'd give you a little intro to me. :)

I've been in denial for a while, and then finally stepped on the scales :eek: and got a shock. There was me thinking shops were making the dress sizes smaller ;) and all the time it was me getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

I've not always been big. Rewind two or three years back I was healthy and happy at 11stone ish, a total gym bunny and could run 5k. Now I'm the wrong side of 30 and have been living for 'tomorrows diet' for too long and I'm uncomfortably large. The inbetween bit consisted of a couple of changes of job, lots of stress and a disgusting amount of binge eating. :cry::cry:

My reasons for doing this are:
  • I want to be able to ride my horse better.
  • I think my husband deserves a wife who is slimmer, happier and has more energy.
  • I don't want to feel constantly exhausted.
  • I want to be able to run properly again.
  • I want to regain my confidence and maybe go blond!!! :eek: :D
  • Eventually I'd like to start a family, but I don't want to be an overweight mother (My Mum was always on diets when I was a kid).
I'm sure I'll think of more in time but those are my reasons for wanting to succeed.

Anyways, day 5 and I'm 7lbs down and it's quite tough but I'm hanging on in there. Loving the spagbol/cottage pie and bars but haven't yet been able to force a shake down! I'm hoping to come on here at weekends and in the evenings to keep me on the straight and narrow and away from snackville. ;)

Hello back at you :)
3 weeks in and 15lbs gone ( and an awful lot more to go) so here for the long haul

Welcome, and it does work if you stick to it. You don't have to have a shake at all if you don't want to. A bar for breakfast, soup / meal for lunch and the same for dinner. Simples :)

Hi and welcome ,I have lost 13lb in 3 weeks I was addicted to carbs,eg bread and sugary stuff which was making me feel really tired and bloated I hoping im gonna be able to keep the weight off when I start eating "Proper" food im going to go on a low carb diet I have ordered the low carb vegetarian diet book , but it is when eating out its gonna be difficult as im a support worker so we eat out I may have to take packed lunch so will have to be more organised !!!

Welcome. Have you got a variety of shake flavours? I make the choc one than warm up in the microwave but then I love hot choc and it suits me.
I did vlcd between my girls because I wanted a healthy pregnancy but I did pile it on and now she is nearly 3 and now my motivation is finally here. I have boxes of pre pregnancy clothes in the attic. Hopefully I'll be seeing them again sometime in the new year.
7lbs down already is a great start. Keep at it, the results are worth it.

Back