*waves* Hi all! New member with a gastric band on Slimming World

Harley Quinn

Hi everyone! I'm Anji. I had gastric band surgery in December 2009 and lost seven stone. Unfortunately I also gained an eating disorder (EDNOS, mine is/was a mixture of anorexic and bulimic behaviours). I'm in recovery now, but irritatingly I've gained back nearly five stone of what I lost, despite the gastric band still being in place. So Friday just gone, my bestie and I joined Slimming World. I'm doing all right so far, will probably talk a bit more about that in the Slimming World subforum.

Other than weight loss, I'm a full-time mama, physically and mentally disabled, a charity shop volunteer and an Open University undergraduate. I'm sure you'll find out more about me as time goes on. Right now I want to get to know all of you! :)

Hi Anji,
Wishing you the very best of luck with your weight loss journey. :welcome::girlpower:xxxxxxx

Hi Harley

Just continue to move forward no matter what..and that seems to be what you you're doing a lot of people would just get discouraged,give up and quit but the awesome thing is you're still in the weight loss race. So many obstacles but if we keep pushing we will overcome.

Hiya Anji! Hope you are doing ok, how are ye getting on so far? :)

I used to be a volunteer at Oxfam a few years ago, hated being on the bridal section! Had to attempt to stuff 4 foot wide poofy dresses into 2 foot wide plastic protector bags :eek:

Hope things are good!

Back