Wavycat's JUDDD Diary

Sat 20 Oct (post UD)................226.8
Sun 21 Oct (post UD)................227.8 (+1) +1
Mon 22 Oct (post DD)...............226.4 (-1.4) -0.4
Tues 23 Oct (post UD)..............226.2 (-0.2) -0.6
Wed 24 Oct (post DD)...............226.0 (-0.2) -0.8
Thurs 25 Oct (post UD).............
Fri 26 Oct (post DD).................

Am a bit gutted with that - only a -0.2 loss after a down day. Trying to figure out if I did anything different. My calories were closer to 600 than 500 and I drank more diet coke than water, so maybe that's it. Will try not to go overboard today (UP day) and then have a very careful DOWN day on Thursday. I REALLY want an overall loss for this week, come Friday.

Fri 19 Oct (post DD)..................226.2
Sat 20 Oct (post UD)................226.8 (+0.6) +0.6
Sun 21 Oct (post UD)................227.8 (+1) +1.6
Mon 22 Oct (post DD)...............226.4 (-1.4) +0.2
Tues 23 Oct (post UD)..............226.2 (-0.2) 0
Wed 24 Oct (post DD)...............226.0 (-0.2) -0.2
Thurs 25 Oct (post UD).............226.4 (+0.4) +0.2
Fri 26 Oct (post DD).................

Being mega-strict today! Have drunk a litre of water so far today and will try and drink some more before bedtime. Am hoping for a big whoosh tomorrow as I really really want to record a loss for this week.

Regardless of what happens, I'm going to stick to JUDDD for at least a month to see if it's working for me.

2.30pm................toast and lf Philadelphia.........147
8.30pm................mushroom pasta...................350
.........................crisps.................................120
.........................total..................................617

Not that strict afterall in the end. I struggle towards the end of the day - hate going to bed with that 'empty' feeling, so ended up having a small packet of crisps. Maybe need to keep something carby until very end of the day, maybe a crispbread or something?

Last edited:
Fri 19 Oct (post DD)..................226.2
Sat 20 Oct (post UD)................226.8 (+0.6) +0.6
Sun 21 Oct (post UD)................227.8 (+1) +1.6
Mon 22 Oct (post DD)...............226.4 (-1.4) +0.2
Tues 23 Oct (post UD)..............226.2 (-0.2) 0
Wed 24 Oct (post DD)...............226.0 (-0.2) -0.2
Thurs 25 Oct (post UD).............226.4 (+0.4) +0.2
Fri 26 Oct (post DD).................225.2 (-1.2) -1

So, a loss of 1lb for the week. Was a wee bit dissapointed with that, but then I thought actually it's going in the right direction, so that's ok. I'm not having huge swings day to day so that's good I suppose.

Will try and add some exercise next week. Will start with some walks on UP days and see how I get on. I think getting some exercise will be good for my state of mind.

Well done, Wavycat. You're doing brilliantly. I am the same as you. I always feel like having a savoury snack before bed. Have you tried the new Special K cracker crisps? They are 94kcal and they're really nice. Also French Fries are quite low in calories as well - I think a pack of them is about 90kcal too. Hope you have a good weekend. :)

Well done, Wavycat. You're doing brilliantly. I am the same as you. I always feel like having a savoury snack before bed. Have you tried the new Special K cracker crisps? They are 94kcal and they're really nice. Also French Fries are quite low in calories as well - I think a pack of them is about 90kcal too. Hope you have a good weekend. :)

Thanks Tess! Yes, I think it's a case of working with rather than against your body's instincts - if you want something last thing at night, better to plan for it and have it rather than feel deprived.

Will check out the Special K things. Also forgot French Fries are less than 100 cals - something like that would be perfect!

Hope you have a fab weekend too!

Fri 26...........................225.2
Sat 27 (post UD)............224.8 (-0.4) -0.4
Sun 28 (post UD)...........225.4 (+0.6) +0.2
Mon 29 (post UD)...........
Tues 30 (post UD)..........
Wed 31 (post DD)..........
Thurs 1 (post UD)..........
Fri 2 (post DD)..............

Today's planned DD became an UD. Not to worry, am just going to start again tomorrow with another UD as planned. Lets hope I see 223 this week - that would put me under 16 stone which would be amazing!

Mon 29 (post UD)...........227.6 (+2.2) +2.4
Tues 30 (post UD)..........?
Wed 31 (post DD)..........225.2 (-2.4) 0
Thurs 1 (post UD)..........

Eeek - 4 up days in a row from Friday to Monday! Was too scared to weigh in yesterday. Had a good down day yesterday, weighed in this morning and was exactly the same weight as before the weekend, so at least it looks like I haven't done any major damage. Maybe even time for a small loss by the end of this week? One of the things I like about JUDDD is it sort of puts the breaks on and stops a lapse becoming a giving up completely.

Got some fresh trout for dinner tonight - am letting Mr Wavycat cook it though!

Thurs 1 (post UD)..........223.6 (-1.6) -1.6

1.6lb loss after an UD - weird, but in a good way! That puts me into the 15s, which I am well chuffed about. Did a try on of some old clothes this morning and things are definitely getting looser. I'm thinking it might be possible to be in the 14s by the end of the year...

Might be on course for 2lbs off for the week (and that's having only done 2 DDs), but I'll be happy with anything as long as it's in the right direction.

Fri 2 (post DD)..............222.8 (-0.8) -2.4

Very very happy with that - 2.4lbs lost with only 2 DDs. I had really thought having missed my DD on Sunday, I'd be looking at a STS at best.

I'm loving JUDDD so much! Usually 3 weeks into a diet I'd be grumpy, miserable and on the verge of giving up. Would probably then be going into a binge phase and ending up gaining back any losses and more. I can really imagine doing JUDDD forever! I can't believe I've lost almost 1/2 a stone in three weeks, during which time I've eaten Indian takaways, pizza, roast dinners, pasta, cheese sandwiches. I've drunk wine and beer and gone out for dinner. I feel much less stressed about food and eating and haven't had any major binges.

JUDDD rocks!

Wavycat said:
Fri 2 (post DD)..............222.8 (-0.8) -2.4

Very very happy with that - 2.4lbs lost with only 2 DDs. I had really thought having missed my DD on Sunday, I'd be looking at a STS at best.

I'm loving JUDDD so much! Usually 3 weeks into a diet I'd be grumpy, miserable and on the verge of giving up. Would probably then be going into a binge phase and ending up gaining back any losses and more. I can really imagine doing JUDDD forever! I can't believe I've lost almost 1/2 a stone in three weeks, during which time I've eaten Indian takaways, pizza, roast dinners, pasta, cheese sandwiches. I've drunk wine and beer and gone out for dinner. I feel much less stressed about food and eating and haven't had any major binges.

JUDDD rocks!

Well done!!! I felt like you did in week 3 and I'm starting week 16 tomorrow. still feel the same, except over 2 stone lighter :D I thought I'd get bored but I haven't yet! Juddd for life!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done!!! I felt like you did in week 3 and I'm starting week 16 tomorrow. still feel the same, except over 2 stone lighter :D I thought I'd get bored but I haven't yet! Juddd for life!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yay for JUDDD! Reading your diary was one of the main reasons I decided to try it out - so pleased it's continuing to work for you.

So I've been having a big old think about the type and quality of food that I eat. I've been so messed up about food for my whole adult life that I've avoided some healthy foods that I like because they are high in calories, like avocados and nuts. I'm thinking that I now have 4 days a week where I can eat whatever I want calorie wise (within reason!), so there's no reason to avoid these things any more. For example, quite often I'll have a packet of McCoys crisps in the afternoon - maybe I could try having a handful of nuts instead. When we have fahittas for dinner, maybe I'll try having avodaco in them instead of sour cream.

I'm thinking about things I can do to improve my general health and especially to support my skin's health while I'm losing weight. I'm trying to drink lots of water during the day, but I still drink lots of diet coke. Maybe try fizzy water with a squeeze of lime instead?

I drink loads of diet coke and black coffee - but thinking about it, I started drinking them because they've no calories, not because I liked them particularly and now I'm a caffeine addict! I actuall remember when diet coke was introduced in the mid 80s when I was in primary school. I remember trying it and being absulutely repulsed by the taste.

Anyway, that was a bit of a ramble, but it's something I'll be thinking about over the next wee while.

Last edited:
UD Fri 2 (post DD).............222.8
UD Sat 3 (post UD)............224.2 (+1.4) +1.4
DD Sun 4 (post UD)............?
UD Mon 5 (post DD)............
DD Tues 6.............
UD Wed 7..............
DD Thurs 8............
UD Fri 9................

Forgot to weigh in this morning, but am actually ok with that. I might not weigh in on Sunday on an ongoing basis, as it's after 2 UDs and the gain can mess with my head a wee bit. Will see how I feel.

Challenges this week are, I'm having my parents over for dinner one night this week, probably Thursday. Thursday should be a DD, especially as have got parties to go to on Fri and Sat and wanted a good down day to set me up for the weekend. Or could just make something light for dinner on Thurs, I suppose.

Well done I am in my 3rd week too and still amazed that I have lost and eaten a lot if chocolate, coleslaw and cheese !!!

I think when you have spent a lot of your life on a diet ( or binging/ overrating because the diet is going to start tomorrow... Sometimes tomorrow took 6 months !!!!) it is hard to know what you would really like to eat when you can have anything ! I am also starting to think about healthier choices on up days

Good luck to you

Teresa

Well done I am in my 3rd week too and still amazed that I have lost and eaten a lot if chocolate, coleslaw and cheese !!!

I think when you have spent a lot of your life on a diet ( or binging/ overrating because the diet is going to start tomorrow... Sometimes tomorrow took 6 months !!!!) it is hard to know what you would really like to eat when you can have anything ! I am also starting to think about healthier choices on up days

Good luck to you

Teresa

Thanks Teresa! Yes I think this is a fabulous eating plan for those of us with a somewhat 'difficult' relationship with food. Mmmmm you've put me in the mood for coleslaw...

Best of luck to you too!

UD Fri 2 (post DD).............222.8
UD Sat 3 (post UD)............224.2 (+1.4) +1.4
DD Sun 4 (post UD)............?
UD Mon 5 (post DD)...........222.6 (-1.6) -0.2
DD Tues 6.............
UD Wed 7..............
DD Thurs 8............
UD Fri 9................
Christmas 21lb Challenge.......6.6lbs off.....14.4lbs to go

Nice one! A tiny loss after the weekend. I love how a DD on Sunday seems to cancel out Fri and Sat UDs. Hoping for a nice loss this Friday.

Also, I've decided to set myself the goal of 208lbs by Christmas, which would put me at 14st 12. That would mean a total loss of 21lbs since starting. Think it would also get my BMI just under 30, which would mean starting the new year as no longer obese, 'just' overweight.

Last edited:
Oh Wavy, how much would I love to be overweight!!:bliss:

Me too! I'm determined to get there (and beyond!) this time!

Back