We now know how to do it...

pollytunnel

I have read many posts from people who have done it (fantastic) and got to their goal but then over a period of time gain a stone or two and then come back to it...Do you think that because they now know how to lose the weight that they don't mind putting some back on as they know they can take it off in a few weeks? I wonder if I will suffer from this when I reach my personal goal...

pollytunnel said:
I have read many posts from people who have done it (fantastic) and got to their goal but then over a period of time gain a stone or two and then come back to it...Do you think that because they now know how to lose the weight that they don't mind putting some back on as they know they can take it off in a few weeks? I wonder if I will suffer from this when I reach my personal goal...

It could be, could also be that although this diet is great it doesn't teach you how to healthily maintain your weight with food.
It could also be a case of people just letting their hair down for a but after following such a strict diet.
I put in loads of weight after a vlcd and for me it was because I didn't get to the goal weight I had set myself so had no thoughts at all about maintenance and then just gave up and reverted back to old habits :S
If you don't break the habits that got you to your start weight in the first place you just end up going back :(

tenney 75 said:
I've been looking at LL approach to maintenance by introducing a food group back into the diet gradually week by week ie one week bread, one week dairy like cheese, milk etc so may try this after exante.

Yeah I've seen that seems quite sensible but takes 12 weeks. I'm going to try the lipotrim 1 week one first see how that goes badly I'll try the LL one :)

im gonna lose extra weight past my goal to compensate with the initial weight gain ill encounter when i start eating again, then im gonna try to build muscle :)

I'm telling myself that Exante is a one-time thing... I got to goal with weight watchers a few years ago and definitely suffered from the thought that I could easily do it again if I gained a few pounds too many - to cut a long story short I ended up gaining much more than I had lost and no, I couldn't do it again! Found my mindset just wasn't the same the next few times round, and it always ended in failure. I'm losing the weight again now on Exante but am not going to take it for granted this time round! Planning to refeed very carefully and then monitor my weight long term, not letting myself put on more than 2-3lbs, no excuses!

I lost 5 stone using LL & CD and over the next 5 years regained it all. I was actually a cambridge diet counsellor up to moving abroad 18 months ago, so knew exactly how to eat after a vlcd as I supported hundreds doing so. When I was counselling and seeing people lose weight with my help it made me keep control to a certain degree on what I was eating and I was aware of weight gain. However once I gave that up my eating totally spiralled and I reverted back to all of my old habits. This time I will be more vigilant as I am definately not going back to square one again once I have got rid of this weight.

That's so cool FF .. hopefully you can help me when I get to target and need to refeed lol ... will look to join ww to maintain but it's the intial refeed that is scarey lol

Thanks babe your a star xx

Back