Weapons of mass reduction

Purple Patsy said:
Sorry Lisa I did see your post and wasn't ignoring it but was thinking. Can you not smell the smoke coming out my ears from where you are. :D

Anyway back to the question. I'm assuming that like me you can't remember being a healthy weight as an adult so like me you have gone for the not overweight point on the chart. I always glance at the height and targets for everyones post I read and there's a huge range. Some folk my heightand pretty much the same as your are on here trying to lose a stone and a bit to get to eight something. So they are starting at a weight that's lower than our targets are guessed at. Similarly some have a target thats a stone heavier than you currently are. I think we are handicapped by not really knowing what 10 and a half looks like on us. The target is adjustable anyway so I'd just pick one and see how you feel when you get there. (after allowing your body to get used to the idea)

Then if you like you can adjust it either way I think. You'll be almost there by the end of this challenge too :D

Thanks PPP. I was wondering where that smell was coming from! ;)

I might do that - set that weight as my initial target and go from there. You never know I may get a few free target weeks ;)

I had never weighed myself before joining SW but was shopping plus sizes while still at school so I know I'm the smallest I've ever been as an adult. Feels a bit strange saying that :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

*SugarPlum* said:
Evening missiles ... Promise I will catch up with everyone soon!

It's Date Night in the Sugar household.. So just a flying visit to say Hi! :)

Have a great Jubilee weekend Ladies!! Xxxx

Get back to Mr SugarPlum Mrs!!!! Date night he'll be missing you ;)

Welcome to Katie and Addi :D :D :D

So lovely to see you both here x

I've got the in laws round so am hiding in the bedroom now for a bit of a break! :eek:

I'm thinking about setting an actual target with SW. I have put a provisional one on here of 10st 7lbs as that takes me out of overweight on the stupid chart!! So that's just under a stone away. Any opinions welcome :)

Btw I completely forgot to go to Iceland :( Twill have to be next week.

Well, Lisa, we are the same height. I am a classic pear though. A size smaller on top/boob than hip/bum but have a small waist which helps!

I lost weight a very long time ago in 1991/2 you see I told you it was ages ago but I can clearly remember the figures like it was yesterday. I got to 11 stone 7 lbs and stayed there for a bit and was a 14 on top and 16 on the bottom. I pushed and lost a further stone and got to 10:7 the lowest ever for me and was 12 top and 14 bottom but I had alot of trouble maintaining it and stuck in the end at around 11 stone and stayed there for a while happy at that weight til I put on about 13 stones and ended up here!!!! Dont know if it helps at all but perhaps take it in half stone chunks and review how you feel? Huge congrats on getting to where you are we are all very proud of you my friend x

Purple Patsy said:
Addi it's lovely to have you aboard. Whichever plan you're following is all the same to me. We all want the same thing after all. I've added you to the list on the first page and assumed you had the same day and target as elsewhere. :D Let me know if that OK. How did you get on this morning for your final pre challenge WI. :D

Not a problem
At all same journey at the end of the day just different routes xxxx ? xxxxx

Hi ladies sorry been quiet on 13hr shifts in work so been a little busy . Sat in bed with a bowl full of melon & strawberry trying to catch up on all the posts my ya have all. Even busy bees . Well done every one on ya achievements so far there all brilliant . I've been on plan 110% this week and I'm
Really excited for WI on Tuesday it better be a good one or I'll have proper little sulk . Xxxx keep going ladies ya doing great xxxxx

Purple Patsy said:
So who else is excited to be starting this challenge tomorrow, although we've really all been doing it since WI this week really I suppose. So what has everyone been up to today. And are you all being patriotic unlike me and doing something for the Jubilee celebrations. :D

So excited PP I think I may even pp lol I'm not doing anything working all weekend in A&E so will be very jealous of everyone having fun' however on a positive note there will be no tempting buffet or party's to attend so that will keep me on track xxxxx

Purple Patsy said:
Sorry Lisa I did see your post and wasn't ignoring it but was thinking. Can you not smell the smoke coming out my ears from where you are. :D

Anyway back to the question. I'm assuming that like me you can't remember being a healthy weight as an adult so like me you have gone for the not overweight point on the chart. I always glance at the height and targets for everyones post I read and there's a huge range. Some folk my heightand pretty much the same as your are on here trying to lose a stone and a bit to get to eight something. So they are starting at a weight that's lower than our targets are guessed at. Similarly some have a target thats a stone heavier than you currently are. I think we are handicapped by not really knowing what 10 and a half looks like on us. The target is adjustable anyway so I'd just pick one and see how you feel when you get there. (after allowing your body to get used to the idea)

Then if you like you can adjust it either way I think. You'll be almost there by the end of this challenge too :D

Your so right that's exactly how I feel I want to be a bout 11.5 wich is just 15lbs away after losing 4st 8lbs just in the normal
Catagory But it's so confusing I'm lighter now than when I had my 1st child 23 yrs ago and don't ever remember being any smaller !!! So now part of me thinks maybe I should go for 10.5 I'm really stuck xxxx

Lucia Lucia said:
Well, Lisa, we are the same height. I am a classic pear though. A size smaller on top/boob than hip/bum but have a small waist which helps!

I lost weight a very long time ago in 1991/2 you see I told you it was ages ago but I can clearly remember the figures like it was yesterday. I got to 11 stone 7 lbs and stayed there for a bit and was a 14 on top and 16 on the bottom. I pushed and lost a further stone and got to 10:7 the lowest ever for me and was 12 top and 14 bottom but I had alot of trouble maintaining it and stuck in the end at around 11 stone and stayed there for a while happy at that weight til I put on about 13 stones and ended up here!!!! Dont know if it helps at all but perhaps take it in half stone chunks and review how you feel? Huge congrats on getting to where you are we are all very proud of you my friend x

Can I ask what height u are I'm 5ft 8 xxx

Lucia Lucia said:

Thanks for this Lucia x
It really helps. Because I've never weighed myself at all it is hard. I think I have a plan though now :D

emma_partington27 said:
Hey lisa i am the same ive set a target ov 11st 4lbs i think on here but ive not set my sw yet as i cant remember wat weight i was wen i was happy! I think i remember being a size 12 so think im just gunna aim for that lol
Yep. Size 12 is my aim too. I think. But I'll go for 10 st 7 for now :) Thanks x

tanyaliepins said:
Your so right that's exactly how I feel I want to be a bout 11.5 wich is just 15lbs away after losing 4st 8lbs just in the normal
Catagory But it's so confusing I'm lighter now than when I had my 1st child 23 yrs ago and don't ever remember being any smaller !!! So now part of me thinks maybe I should go for 10.5 I'm really stuck xxxx
I think the interim target is the way to go first :) Thanks for the input x

tanyaliepins said:
Can I ask what height u are I'm 5ft 8 xxx
I think Lucia said she's the same as me and I'm 5' 5" :)

Whew- took a while to catch up with all the posts! This is what happens when i'm out all day!!

work was manic today.....3 1/2 hours at Asda then 6 hours at the off licence and i didn't stop between jobs- walked home, got changed, wolfed down some food and power walked to work. i'm beat!

i heard there were stampedes to Iceland- people buying skewers! haha. don't know how long they're there for- only found out about them on tuesday at group :)

will quickly reply to some posts then head to bed- need to do dishes and stuff- and in work for 10am :(

Hey lovelies!!

So was speaking to the lovely Lisa and was explaining to her that I would LOVE to join you guys but as I'm switching between calorie counting and SW at the minute I wasn't sure if anyone would mind?

If anyone does object, just tell me,I won't mind.

If not though I would really love to join up!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Welcome Addi xxx of course there would be no objections- definitely not from this girl :)

Yeah thanks PPP!
Hehehe

If anyone else isn't happy though, please do just let me know.

Lost 1.5lbs this morning.
So thrilled with that, really couldn't be happier!

Now at my lowest weight as an adult ever!
And 80lbs lost.

Edging closer too being in the 100's and not too long til century!

Happy this morning.

Also wanting to go to iceland!
Hoisin duck....mmmmmmmmmmm

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

The hoisin duck is awesome! definitely worth a go! well done on your loss :) your century is just around the corner :)

So who else is excited to be starting this challenge tomorrow, although we've really all been doing it since WI this week really I suppose. So what has everyone been up to today. And are you all being patriotic unlike me and doing something for the Jubilee celebrations. :D

I'm excited!!! Can't wait- this will be my last challenge! omg! then it'll just be maintaining! so surreal!
Work and more work today and only plans for the jubilee are work related too! 10-5pm on Monday (might be meeting up with a friend after but not sure- she's so damn scatty!) and 10.30-2pm on Tuesday- then walking around and shopping until weigh in at 5- hope to report a good loss!

Welcome to Katie and Addi :D :D :D

So lovely to see you both here x

I've got the in laws round so am hiding in the bedroom now for a bit of a break! :eek:

I'm thinking about setting an actual target with SW. I have put a provisional one on here of 10st 7lbs as that takes me out of overweight on the stupid chart!! So that's just under a stone away. Any opinions welcome :)

Btw I completely forgot to go to Iceland :( Twill have to be next week.

My way of choosing target- I checked what would be a "healthy weight" and it said 12 stone 10lb, a loss of 9 stone 11lb. I decided to go for the round figure of 10 stone loss since it would put me more firmly in healthy and 10 stone loss sounds better ;) i might change it when i get there, after a bit of maintaining- but i've always said i wanted to lose 10 stone so thats what im going to do. maybe just set your 10st 7lb as an interim one and see how you feel as you a) get closer or b) get there and work at maintaining. remember though if you set target at 10st 7 and you hit target, the only way of lowering that is to take another half stone off (so get to 10 stone) so really see how you feel about it nearer to the time...you might feel comfy where you are at 10 1/2 stone x

Hi ladies sorry been quiet on 13hr shifts in work so been a little busy . Sat in bed with a bowl full of melon & strawberry trying to catch up on all the posts my ya have all. Even busy bees . Well done every one on ya achievements so far there all brilliant . I've been on plan 110% this week and I'm
Really excited for WI on Tuesday it better be a good one or I'll have proper little sulk . Xxxx keep going ladies ya doing great xxxxx

Ditto T! I've been mega good so really hoping for a good loss! too scared to weigh myself just in case! so might wait til Tuesday and just accept whatever the scales say. but i have been good...i so nervous!! but excited too! xx

ok i am offski! its gonna be 2am before i get to bed and need some decent sleep if i'm doing 6 hours at asda! need a decent brekkie too! overslept this morning so starved through my shift! magic porridge gonna be made before bed! must be prepared! gonna make something for lunch too- might just get some pasta ready and cook it in the morning

ni night missiles :D

Morning all! Hope.you enjoyed your Saturday. I have been well and.truely off plan, I'm at my brothers and we had a takeaway and lots of wine. But it was such a.fun night nd I don't het to see them loads so I'm not feeling too guilty but I have woken up wanting to get eight back to it now for June. Going out for lunch and.going to do my best to pick wisely. Looking at a gain tomorrow with this a few other naughties this week but will go to group and draw a line under it!

I have a bridesmaid dress fitting this morning, I've got my spanx on lol but I can't breathe! Think I'm going to have to find some other shapewear for the wedding as I can't stay in these all day!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Purple Patsy said:
Well I'm getting a bit of extra BM right now. BBC4 have 70's disco at the beeb and I can currently be seen bopping roung my living room. :D Sober and all on my lonesome but I don't care and noones there to see anyway. :D:party0049::party0048:
Have visions of you with your purple Pom Poms :D

LittleFlutterby said:
My way of choosing target- I checked what would be a "healthy weight" and it said 12 stone 10lb, a loss of 9 stone 11lb. I decided to go for the round figure of 10 stone loss since it would put me more firmly in healthy and 10 stone loss sounds better ;) i might change it when i get there, after a bit of maintaining- but i've always said i wanted to lose 10 stone so thats what im going to do. maybe just set your 10st 7lb as an interim one and see how you feel as you a) get closer or b) get there and work at maintaining. remember though if you set target at 10st 7 and you hit target, the only way of lowering that is to take another half stone off (so get to 10 stone) so really see how you feel about it nearer to the time...you might feel comfy where you are at 10 1/2 stone x
Thanks Tanya x I forgot that if you want to reset a target it needs to be 7lbs lower! I guess I'll get to 10st 7lbs and see how I feel then :) I think I just want to end up wearing mostly size 12 clothes. How about you?
Hope works not too bad today. Do you at least get to dress up/down?

Beth_1308 said:
Hey, can I join in? I would like to lose 22lb. How do I join? X
Hi Beth. Purple Patsy will update the first post to include you. This stops us worrying about copying and pasting lists all over the thread and lets us concentrate on important stuff. Like chatting! ;)

jayde1148 said:
Morning all! Hope.you enjoyed your Saturday. I have been well and.truely off plan, I'm at my brothers and we had a takeaway and lots of wine. But it was such a.fun night nd I don't het to see them loads so I'm not feeling too guilty but I have woken up wanting to get eight back to it now for June. Going out for lunch and.going to do my best to pick wisely. Looking at a gain tomorrow with this a few other naughties this week but will go to group and draw a line under it!

I have a bridesmaid dress fitting this morning, I've got my spanx on lol but I can't breathe! Think I'm going to have to find some other shapewear for the wedding as I can't stay in these all day!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Was typing at the same time!

Well done drawing a line and planning on going to group. Drink loads of water and that should help flush all then syns out ;)

How long till the wedding?

Hey, can I join in? I would like to lose 22lb. How do I join? X
I've added you to the list on the first post. What day is your WI Beth. And of course welcome aboard. :D

Enjoy your Sunday!
Deffo draw that line. I've got my pen out to do one for myself too.

Have visions of you with your purple Pom Poms :D

Not only could you smell the smoke but you could see the PomPoms.
emoticon-cheerleader.gif
Impressive. :D

Hi,hope it's not too late to join you all? If not can I join ?

8lbs for me
W I on a Sat
Thanx ann :)

Back