Weapons of mass reduction

sunny her in normally rainy north west:D, just had a lovely walk with the dog sounds like you lot down south might need to develop webbed feet :giggle:

well done beth, and good luck tues weighers although i am sure you don't need it xxxx

Hmmm now, I've got a fresh seafood mix for tea. Any ideas on a sauce to go with please. I'm a bit stuck for ideas.

Hmmm trying to stay as low carb as loss this week but the Philly light sounds a good plan thank you! I was literally going to have it with a pile of steamed greens like tendersteam brocc and spinach :)

ha ha and now I might go EE after seeing a recipe for seafood piealla (sp)

Hello lovelies, well I had wi tonight :( had a 1lb gain ...at first I was gutted as I really had had the most perfect week, exercising every day, drinking my water and eating properly, couldn't understand where I had gone wrong...so I came home, read my food diary and noticed something, and then checked back as far as my food diary went and there emerged a pattern....and I can't believe it has actually taken me this long to suss it
d%27oh.gif

As you may know if you have gone back into my diary far enough, I have had this week the worst break out of psoriasis that I have had in over 6 months (I believe it's the antibiotics that I have been taking for the last 4 weeks that have knocked out my steroids and they have failed to work). So this last week I have upped my steroids from 180mg a week to to 350mg a week and gone back to using my dermovate steroid ointment (the strongest one on the market)....now I know that steroids affect weight loss, but it's not been till today that I actually sussed it, even though I have a daughter and granddaughter and of course myself who are all heavily dependent on them......
Now I have always known that I can't eat a lot of rice, bread, pasta, noodles, cous cous and bread...so basically carbs.....what I noticed today is that over this week (a normal week I would normally only have any of those particular carbs no more than twice in the same week), I have eaten no less than 15 portions of carbs in the form of rice, noodles and pasta mostly.....when i looked back over the weeks when I had to increase my steroids, there emerged a similar pattern....so I have now written on my whiteboard in the kitchen (to remind myself) that when I am heavily reliant on steroids I need to opt for protein filled meals and not the carbs.....
So here's to a new week and a new knowledge and that 1lb will be gone by next week, along with a few of his friends lol xxx:hug99: xxx

Lily, sorry to hear about the gain. I'm the same with carbs with my PCOS. I eat carby stuff 2, 3 times max each week or I gain too. I gain on green and lose best on red but like EE so I do that but hold back on the carbs a bit.

Lily, sorry to hear about the gain. I'm the same with carbs with my PCOS. I eat carby stuff 2, 3 times max each week or I gain too. I gain on green and lose best on red but like EE so I do that but hold back on the carbs a bit.

Hi Lucia....Carbs are a definite no no for me

I stick mostly to EE as it suits me and my family best, I sometimes do Original days but not often and green ....I actually can't remember ever doing a green day and if I have it would have been no more thn once or twice.

I too generally hold back on the carbs even though I absolutely love pasta and rice and all the things that don't work for me ...typical eh lol

Oh well I will lose that 1lb and a few more of his friends as I said and this time next week I will be reporting a good loss I can assure you :hug99: xxx

Well done all the other Tuesday weighers whatever your outcome :woohoo: xxx

Processed carbs are the devils work, end of lol.

All makes perfect sense tho Lily as to why you gained.

Hope all you others fab ladies have had a good day :)

2 1/2 on for me. that's ok- it'll do.

4 1/2lb to go- i can do that- gonna work hard this week!

did a blog update- if anyone wants to have a nosey :) link in my sig- as per :)

hope you're all ok xx

Lily42uk said:
Hello lovelies, well I had wi tonight :( had a 1lb gain ...at first I was gutted as I really had had the most perfect week, exercising every day, drinking my water and eating properly, couldn't understand where I had gone wrong...so I came home, read my food diary and noticed something, and then checked back as far as my food diary went and there emerged a pattern....and I can't believe it has actually taken me this long to suss it

As you may know if you have gone back into my diary far enough, I have had this week the worst break out of psoriasis that I have had in over 6 months (I believe it's the antibiotics that I have been taking for the last 4 weeks that have knocked out my steroids and they have failed to work). So this last week I have upped my steroids from 180mg a week to to 350mg a week and gone back to using my dermovate steroid ointment (the strongest one on the market)....now I know that steroids affect weight loss, but it's not been till today that I actually sussed it, even though I have a daughter and granddaughter and of course myself who are all heavily dependent on them......
Now I have always known that I can't eat a lot of rice, bread, pasta, noodles, cous cous and bread...so basically carbs.....what I noticed today is that over this week (a normal week I would normally only have any of those particular carbs no more than twice in the same week), I have eaten no less than 15 portions of carbs in the form of rice, noodles and pasta mostly.....when i looked back over the weeks when I had to increase my steroids, there emerged a similar pattern....so I have now written on my whiteboard in the kitchen (to remind myself) that when I am heavily reliant on steroids I need to opt for protein filled meals and not the carbs.....
So here's to a new week and a new knowledge and that 1lb will be gone by next week, along with a few of his friends lol xxx:hug99: xxx

LittleFlutterby said:
2 1/2 on for me. that's ok- it'll do.

4 1/2lb to go- i can do that- gonna work hard this week!

did a blog update- if anyone wants to have a nosey :) link in my sig- as per :)

hope you're all ok xx

Ladies... Your both AMAZING! Those losses will be gone in the blink of an eye!!

Morning Missiles.. Well the sun that was here in Lancashire has well and truly gone! :-(

Good luck to all Wed weighers..

It's only 2 more get ups till weekend!! (not that I am counting!!) lol xx

Morning Ladies!

Well after a sleepness night I'm sat at my deskwith no motivation today.

Going extra easy as my locker is full of mug shots, super noodles and pot shots lol. Not super free but I can see it's going to be one of those days. I've got apples and home made muligatawny soup which is packed with super free.

Should be having a BBQ tonight but the weather has stopped play. My lounge is tiny so should be interesting and will have BBQ food on the coffee table lol

Lily I'm glad you figured that out its great when you have a eureka moment isn't it?! I am def with you all on this one I also suffer from pcos and carbs are not in any way whatsoever my friend and I can physically feel the carb sitting in my stomach for days!

Tanya we all know that this extra couple and more will be gone next week and we know that we will be congratulating u on getting your badge your a star :)

Kath I hope your day improves and I hope u enjoy your cosy evening lol ;)

Good luck Wednesday weighers x

:bighug: to both lily and tanya, those pounds will e gone as quickly as they came c at my group calls them jelly weight lose em before they set :D

2 off for me today, (my scales) can't get to group today, isn't that always the case when you have had a loss :confused:
aimimg at 2 for next week which should look good on the scales :D

I can't get to group this week either lol and my scales are bust! Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing ;-)

broadsbean said:
:bighug: to both lily and tanya, those pounds will e gone as quickly as they came c at my group calls them jelly weight lose em before they set :D

2 off for me today, (my scales) can't get to group today, isn't that always the case when you have had a loss :confused:

Well done u x

Applekath said:
I can't get to group this week either lol and my scales are bust! Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing ;-)

Oh no, I haven't weighed either this week couldn't get there cuz of my back I always feel in limbo if I haven't weighed tho! X

Well done ladies and thank you for all you lovely messages ....I am up for a big loss this week and I WILL get it !!!

Mandy boo to not getting to group but Yay to the 2lb off :woohoo:

:bighug: Jo and Kath...I know you ladies will be fine ...you're still here aren't you?

Oh and Mandy I love that jelly weight idea am so going to Nick that saying lol :hug99: xxx

Well done to all Wednesday weighers no matter what the result , you're all fandabbydozey :hug99: xxxx

broadsbean said:

Yeah.. Well done Mandy!! :) xxx

Hi ladies, I have been quiet. Got the monthly blues!

I weighed in tonight, was pleased with STS. I am aiming for 1.5 per week average, so I am bang on at the moment.

I went to a jubilee picnic today and the queen was there, so I had eaten more than usual! Also it's * week so all things considered, i'm chuffed! Hoping for a good one next week!

Hope you're all doing well :)

lisajade said:
Hi ladies, I have been quiet. Got the monthly blues!

I weighed in tonight, was pleased with STS. I am aiming for 1.5 per week average, so I am bang on at the moment.

I went to a jubilee picnic today and the queen was there, so I had eaten more than usual! Also it's * week so all things considered, i'm chuffed! Hoping for a good one next week!

Hope you're all doing well :)

The real queen???

Back