Wedding diet - 12 weeks!

<3_my_cat_x

Hi all,

I am officially starting CD today :D I am excited to start and want to lose around 2.5 - 3 stone by July 20th. I have two hen parties - one just a night and one a weekend - altho I am determined I will minimise the damage on both occasions by trying to avoid carbs as best I can and trying to have vodka/diet coke instead of lots of wine - not sure how possible this will be but i can try! I will also up the exercise around these times - i do a lot of exercise anyway so I will just up it.

I have been doing a vlcd on and off since November - slim and save. So I am sort of used to it altho I will be sole sourcing and this is significantly less cals than what i was on. I reckon i will have to cut my exercise down in the first two weeks at least. I am going to try and do sole source all the way thro but we shall see!

I have 12 weeks until I get married and I still haven't got the dress! :rolleyes: I am leaving it till the last minute so that I can lose as much as pos - obv will be buying off the peg anyway and if necessary I am happy to pay rush fees for urgent alterations. I am not too worried about the dress atm - just the weight!

Anyway would love support from anyone :)

Here goes...

x

Well, porridge and spicy tomato soup down - 1 more to go. Quite like the food - not offended by it! Did a big workout - running and interval training this pm as I still have carbs left in me from yesterday so I want to try and burn them off asap. I know I won't be able to work out so much in a day or so!

x

Thanks Jom! wow 17 lbs in 4 weeks - amazing! Well done! Can I ask if you are male or female and what weight u started at? x

Day 2! Today will be tougher I reckon since yesterday wasn't really a full day as I slept in till midday and I was still fairly full from saturday food - so today will be the real test. Worried cos even tho yesterday was just half a day really I was still hungry :( Just having coffee and water now - black coffee normally staves off hunger for me so I'll have 2 - 3 cups and then try to save first shake until midday. I have bootcamp tonight which I do 3 x a week. I managed it when I was on 650 cals a day but now Im on around 420 so I am really concerned I am not going to be able to do it. I reckon I might actually quit for a bit and just do gentle walking everyday whilst on CD. I don't want to make myself ill.

x

<3_my_cat_x said:
Day 2! Today will be tougher I reckon since yesterday wasn't really a full day as I slept in till midday and I was still fairly full from saturday food - so today will be the real test. Worried cos even tho yesterday was just half a day really I was still hungry :( Just having coffee and water now - black coffee normally staves off hunger for me so I'll have 2 - 3 cups and then try to save first shake until midday. I have bootcamp tonight which I do 3 x a week. I managed it when I was on 650 cals a day but now Im on around 420 so I am really concerned I am not going to be able to do it. I reckon I might actually quit for a bit and just do gentle walking everyday whilst on CD. I don't want to make myself ill.

x

Hey! Good luck!! Now you're back in the groove of things, you won't wanna stop! Stick at it x
I used to do intense workouts too. But sticking to 30mins walks a day, and elliptical trainer for maybe 20mins as I don't seem to have enough energy to do much else. Also do arm exercises now. Dreading bingo wings!!!
Hope today is going well!

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your encouragement! Ur losses are brill! Go you! If I could do 18 lbs in 1 month I would cry!!!

Not feeling as bad as I thought atm - bootcamp was tough but not as much as I expected - I still might have a break from it for a bit tho... 420 cals is ridiculously low and I really don't want to make myself ill.

ooh tricep dips by any chance?! I hate my arms too! :(

R u on sole source hun?

x

<3_my_cat_x said:
Thank you so much for stopping by and for your encouragement! Ur losses are brill! Go you! If I could do 18 lbs in 1 month I would cry!!!

Not feeling as bad as I thought atm - bootcamp was tough but not as much as I expected - I still might have a break from it for a bit tho... 420 cals is ridiculously low and I really don't want to make myself ill.

ooh tricep dips by any chance?! I hate my arms too! :(

R u on sole source hun?

x

No problem at all! I have a diary too. It really helps and getting support on here really keeps people motivated :)
You'll probably do better! Haha but thanks :p
Well, I think if you can do it, go for it! Just listen to your body. Stop If you feel sick or dizzy. You can always have an egg or something SS+ approved if you feel you need it after the workout.. There's a sticky about exercise on SS on here somewhere! Take a read :)
Haha yep! And using light weights !! Terrible arms!!! Hate 'em!! Hope they shrink with me too lol.
Yep, doing SS! Had a couple of SS+ moments though! Other than that, going strong!!!

And your weight loss has been really good too!!!!

Thank you hun! I'm gonna check out your diary in a mo :) Eugh I had a terrible nights sleep - woke up early am and lay awake for about 3 hours :( Is that normal? Same happened on Sunday night too. Weighed this morn tho and I am in the 12s woooooooo so happy! Just tho - by 0.5 of a lb! haha! Anyway it has given me the motivation I needed! I'll be interested to see how I am today doing no vigorous exercise (just a walk I think) - i.e. how hungry I feel and how I sleep. OH has said no more bootcamp for me whilst I'm on SS as it's too dangerous - he's probably right - I dunno?! We'll see how I go today.

Have a great day xxx

Day 3 - so hungry and so cold! The amount of black coffee I am getting thro is mad! Trying to tell myself it'll get easier soon! It will won't it?! I was on Slim and Save before this - around 650 cals a day - tbh that feels like luxury compared to this LOL!! I am going to try to stick to Cambridge for a month tho and then maybe go back on SnS seeing as it is SO much nicer! If I can get to 12 st on Sole Source by time of my first hen - 31st May - I'll be really happy - then I'll have practically 4 weeks of solid dieting until my second hen :p (just one evening)- if necessary I will do Sole Source but I may well go back to SnS which is basically SS+ (but much cheaper and I personally prefer the SnS packs!) and - if I do SnS I'll up the exercise (go back to bootcamp) and hopefully I can lose a stone in that time, then Ill have just under 3 weeks of solid dieting until the wedding - am hoping I can get off around half a stone (plus any extra I may have put on over hen does!). That would bring me down to 10.5 stone. That would be amazing! It's also not that long. I just hope I can do it. Atm I am really seriously hungry!

With regards to SSing or SS+ ing (SnSing) after my first hen I am just not sure. I guess it depends where I am weight wise when I get back from the hen weekend. If I am doing pretty well I am going to go for SS+ing as SS on its own is hell. I'm just not sure if it is better to do SS and little exercise or SS+ and lots of exercise... (I am used to doing lots of exercise but have had to cut it down for SS). We shall see!

Argh what a ramble that is! xx

<3_my_cat_x said:
Thank you hun! I'm gonna check out your diary in a mo :) Eugh I had a terrible nights sleep - woke up early am and lay awake for about 3 hours :( Is that normal? Same happened on Sunday night too. Weighed this morn tho and I am in the 12s woooooooo so happy! Just tho - by 0.5 of a lb! haha! Anyway it has given me the motivation I needed! I'll be interested to see how I am today doing no vigorous exercise (just a walk I think) - i.e. how hungry I feel and how I sleep. OH has said no more bootcamp for me whilst I'm on SS as it's too dangerous - he's probably right - I dunno?! We'll see how I go today.

Have a great day xxx

Yeah. First few nights/mornings can be a bit rough. But your body will get used to the groove of things soon enough! Woohoo! Go you!! I'm waiting to see those 13's on the scale! Whether its less than half of an lb!! Lol. Yeah. Boot camp sounds intense. And you really shouldn't exercise off all the cals you've eaten. You might even stall weight loss! Just don't overdo it!! And If you want, eat an egg after exercise. It helps sometimes :)

<3_my_cat_x said:
Day 3 - so hungry and so cold! The amount of black coffee I am getting thro is mad! Trying to tell myself it'll get easier soon! It will won't it?! I was on Slim and Save before this - around 650 cals a day - tbh that feels like luxury compared to this LOL!! I am going to try to stick to Cambridge for a month tho and then maybe go back on SnS seeing as it is SO much nicer! If I can get to 12 st on Sole Source by time of my first hen - 31st May - I'll be really happy - then I'll have practically 4 weeks of solid dieting until my second hen :p (just one evening)- if necessary I will do Sole Source but I may well go back to SnS which is basically SS+ (but much cheaper and I personally prefer the SnS packs!) and - if I do SnS I'll up the exercise (go back to bootcamp) and hopefully I can lose a stone in that time, then Ill have just under 3 weeks of solid dieting until the wedding - am hoping I can get off around half a stone (plus any extra I may have put on over hen does!). That would bring me down to 10.5 stone. That would be amazing! It's also not that long. I just hope I can do it. Atm I am really seriously hungry!

With regards to SSing or SS+ ing (SnSing) after my first hen I am just not sure. I guess it depends where I am weight wise when I get back from the hen weekend. If I am doing pretty well I am going to go for SS+ing as SS on its own is hell. I'm just not sure if it is better to do SS and little exercise or SS+ and lots of exercise... (I am used to doing lots of exercise but have had to cut it down for SS). We shall see!

Argh what a ramble that is! xx

You'll have to decide what to do Hun. Whatever you think it best for you!!! And you haven't got long at all! You'll get there!
First few days SUCK. But it WILL get better. Can promise that 100%!!!

Hah! And I love my black coffees. Have it with my bars and it's sooooooo nice!

Morning hun! I was already to give in last night and go back to Slim and Save - I even had an extra sachet at 10:30 pm - a SnS cottage pie (was lovely, and actually made me sleep!) - yet this morning I am feeling strangely positive and happy! I was just waiting for the kettle to boil and realised I was dancing! LOL On to my second cup of black coffee - and 3rd pint of water (I drink a lot of water anyway - especially as I have a number of pills to take and I take psyllium husks too!). Thinking I must properly be in ketosis now. I am going to try Sole Source again today and hope I find it easier. I think I might! xx Thanks for your encouragement - means a lot! x

<3_my_cat_x said:
Morning hun! I was already to give in last night and go back to Slim and Save - I even had an extra sachet at 10:30 pm - a SnS cottage pie (was lovely, and actually made me sleep!) - yet this morning I am feeling strangely positive and happy! I was just waiting for the kettle to boil and realised I was dancing! LOL On to my second cup of black coffee - and 3rd pint of water (I drink a lot of water anyway - especially as I have a number of pills to take and I take psyllium husks too!). Thinking I must properly be in ketosis now. I am going to try Sole Source again today and hope I find it easier. I think I might! xx Thanks for your encouragement - means a lot! x

Excellent! After that hurdle, and in sole source, you feel SOOO much better! Ooh SnS cottage pie! Sounds yummy!! Do whatever works for you Hun. That's okay! Encouragement goes a long way. And we need it when sticking to this diet!! Lol x

How's your day been?

Back