Wedding Dress sizes - thanks to EXANTE :)

Miss Bean

Just been for my first trip to the bridal shop.

And I cannot believe that I can get in to a size 22 zip up back dress the size I am now!!!

Its amazing. I was over the moon...They say that even after my weightloss I will need a 20 and we can bring it in afterwards!

Wedding dresses come up so small, I am in total shock and it's all because of my time on exante!!! :)

I don't even care about the number - its just nice to be able to find a dress, in a normal shop, and fit in it !!! WOOOOOOOO.

Ok celebration over :D

Thats great! Well done you ;) keep it up and that 20 will be YOURS!

Miss Bean, that's fantastic news :)
Well done :) x

That's brilliant news Miss Bean - definitely an amazing incentive to keep going! Im getting married next year and want to start shopping for my dress about June-July time, so Im hoping to have most of the weight shifted by then!! x

Fantastic. Well done :)

It's in September :) But bridal gowns take ages. Though I've found my dress online for £192.00 inc shipping from China and it's £799 in the shop :D It just gets better and better xxx

Woohoo well done hun. You'll look amazing on your big day :D

Please be carefull when buying your wedding dress from China. I have had two friends had total disasters with theirs. They were of terrible quality and things stuck on with glue instead of stiched. Im not saying yours will be but please be carefull.

Well done with your weight loss so far, youll be a gorgeous bride come september!

Miss Bean said:
It's in September :) But bridal gowns take ages. Though I've found my dress online for £192.00 inc shipping from China and it's £799 in the shop :D It just gets better and better xxx

My daughter had her prom last year, and I ordered a under skirt from china for her which I thought was good value. BUT when it came , i had to pay the courier extra charges (UPS) ( would it be some tax) maybe someone could help me?
BUT it was extra charges that I didn't realise I would have to pay!!! Made it more expensive :( if I didn't pay I couldn't have my delivery......

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have a ball gown from China that I ordered last year. This dress is exactly the same item code and brand just obviously in China. The shipping costs are included in the price, but even if I had to pay extra charges to here it would still cost less than the £799 in the shop. We are on a really tight budget and the dress is perfect, its a risk I know but I don't have a choice if I want that dress. The site is covered by Paypal as well which assures me a bit more if I get damaged property or something I don't consider to be in the description.

Thanks for your concern girls and all your support xxx

Hey Miss Bean - Be careful with buying dresses from China, I've heard of a few peeps having extremely poor experiences. I really hope it turns out to be exactly what you're looking for. Best of luck with the wedding planning - time will fly by so quickly :) x

Well done!
I'm getting married in July which is a major factor in me wanting to finally get rid of the flab.
Twinklecheeks has been my inspiration. She is my cheif bridesmaid and has lost 5 stone doing a VLCD. We will both be stunning and skinny on my big day. :)
Keep going and you will be glowing on your day. x

I have a ball gown from China that I ordered last year. This dress is exactly the same item code and brand just obviously in China. The shipping costs are included in the price, but even if I had to pay extra charges to here it would still cost less than the £799 in the shop. We are on a really tight budget and the dress is perfect, its a risk I know but I don't have a choice if I want that dress. The site is covered by Paypal as well which assures me a bit more if I get damaged property or something I don't consider to be in the description.

Thanks for your concern girls and all your support xxx

1st off congrates on the wedding, 2nd well done with the weight loss and dress. Im planning to marry at the end of 2012, but it's so expensive. May I ask what website you are using for you china wedding dress?

HI Don,

I am in two minds as to who I will be using. There is a company on Ebay who I have used before that will do my alterations to the length of the dress (im so short) for free, and I know they can be trusted. So you go through Ebay and you go through Paypal so you have two lots of people backing you up should anything go wrong. However, this isn't the dress that I wanted. The actual dress is on a site called wedding dresses online where you can pay through Paypal, which makes me think they may be more satisfactory than most of these places as its so much safer like this. But I can't find any reviews and I can't afford the £799 the dress is going to cost me in the shop. I know that isn't alot considering the amount some people spend on their dresses but it is when you have a budget of less than 4,500 haha.

I'll let you know what I do - there is a big discount shop in Leicester where they have a warehouse full of dresses at discount prices if you can get there. I haven't been but I know it exists. xx

I see a site Bridal inspirations, based in Birmingham, and they do a replica of the dress I want which is 1050 in the shop, 210 on this site, but Im worried that it's a dodgy site, they have testimonals but I keep thinking, what if they're made up. Out budget isnt even £4,500 so we are really on a shoe string.

Back