Wedding first dance songs - what was or will be yours?

my mum and stepdad had an acoustic piano version of the opening to just like heaven by the cure when my mum walked in, and then had the proper version of lovecats by the cure when they walked (danced) out!xx

We didn't have a first dance, it was a very casual wedding. (I had my jeans on by seven o'clock :giggle:)

But I walked into Truly, Madly Deeply - Savage Garden, and out to You And Me Song - Wannadies.

Thank you for all your lovely suggestions - Ive written them all down for her to look at.
I remember when we were booking our wedding my hubby kept saying he was gonna secretly get them to play 'Bring your daughter to the slaughter' by Iron maiden as my dad walked me down the aisle!

we get married 3 weeks on saturday and just made the final decisions on the 4 songs for our day ...
I am walking in to Newton Faulkners cover of Teardrop ,
then Guns and Roses Patience to sign register ,
The source Featuring Candi Staton you've got the love to walk out ...
then our 1st dance is the Foo fighters Home, my OH works away all week and when he played me this is made me cry ... its about just wanting to be home and also mentions loved ones no longer here .. as his parents are no longer here ... amazing song , I was shocked he chose something so soppy as he is not at all emotional normally !!!

wonderful tonight=eric clapton.We didn't have the first dance cos he used to be in a band. I had told him it was our night so he couldn't play.Must be the only time he didn't object.I spent the morning secretly putting up his drum kit on the stage so when we arrived at the do the curtains opened and off he went to play.Only allowed him 30 ,mins though cos I'm mean!!

we get married 3 weeks on saturday and just made the final decisions on the 4 songs for our day ...
I am walking in to Newton Faulkners cover of Teardrop ,
then Guns and Roses Patience to sign register ,
The source Featuring Candi Staton you've got the love to walk out ...
then our 1st dance is the Foo fighters Home, my OH works away all week and when he played me this is made me cry ... its about just wanting to be home and also mentions loved ones no longer here .. as his parents are no longer here ... amazing song , I was shocked he chose something so soppy as he is not at all emotional normally !!!

Good luck for 3 weeks time! I hope you have an awesome day!

Back