Wedding guest advice

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Teachya, 6 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Teachya

Teachya Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(12.33%)
    I have lost ten and a half pounds in three weeks and don't want to undo my hard work but have a wedding to go to on sat and don't want everyone to know I am on a diet!!!!!
    How do I cope when I don't know what food they serve!! Alcohol isn't too much of a problem as I am still feeding my son and I will aim to have free foods the rest of the day. Any other tips????

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just eat what you fancy... if you deprive yourself you won't carry on with the diet. It's one meal, of one day, so that leaves 20 other meals in a week for you to get back on track.

Go out, enjoy it, lower syns for the rest of the week, and you'll be fine! :)

jaylou likes this.
  4. tafflass

tafflass Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(23.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    i agree.just enjoy yourself and then back to normal next day.
    its not as if these special occasions happen all the time x
    good luck

5. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    2.7kg(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would flexi syn the day and just do the rest of the week as normal...more importantly have a good time!

6. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Opportunities like this are exactly what flexi syns are for. Just eat and enjoy. You won't gain 10lbs through one meal! And as mentioned, you've got the rest of the week to compensate with lower syns and plenty of superfree foods.

If you really want to be able to plan, why not call the venue and ask what will be on offer for the wedding. I am sure they'll oblige - if needs be tell them a little white lie! Say you've got specific dietary needs and just need to make sure you can eat what's on offer.

7. Rachella

Rachella Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting and shakes
    most weddings the food isnt too 'fancy' coz they want everyone to enjoy it so I reckon it won't be too bad syn wise... make it a red day because the main course is bound to be mainly meat based... last wedding I went to the main was steak and veg then the wedding I went to before that the main was lamb and veg... deserts are usually a bit naughty but just leave it if you're trying to be good.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.