wedding invites and who to invite!!

utternutta

Hello

I need help!!! Im getting married next year and not sure i want work colleagues there... i get on with them (some of them) but not sure i want to have them there when its really my close friends and family that are there. I keep work and personal life very different. It would only be an invite to the evening but im worried about one of the girls who will pick at everything.. and cant invite some without the others and it gets silly when once you invite this one you have to invite the next and next and next...... but they will go mad if not invited and be very upset i think. Thing is its our wedding day and they should respect it but other people here invited work to their weddings/bdays/even peoples funerals. Bottom line is id prefer for them not to be there but feel awful and wonder either way if ill regret it...... anyone else had this problem??

utternutta said:
Hello

I need help!!! Im getting married next year and not sure i want work colleagues there... i get on with them (some of them) but not sure i want to have them there when its really my close friends and family that are there. I keep work and personal life very different. It would only be an invite to the evening but im worried about one of the girls who will pick at everything.. and cant invite some without the others and it gets silly when once you invite this one you have to invite the next and next and next...... but they will go mad if not invited and be very upset i think. Thing is its our wedding day and they should respect it but other people here invited work to their weddings/bdays/even peoples funerals. Bottom line is id prefer for them not to be there but feel awful and wonder either way if ill regret it...... anyone else had this problem??

Nope.

Didn't invite any 'colleagues'. They're jus that. Acquaintances.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Btw if you read your own post back I think you've answered your own question!

At the end of the day, it's your wedding & you invite who you want to.

If you feel you need to justify it to those at work (not that you do) just say you are having a small wedding with only family & close friends there.

Or don't tell them you're married until you are back from honeymoon.:D

It's your wedding and your special day, so invite who you want to be there.

Like the saying, "Those who matter don't mind, those that mind don't matter" - Regardless of whether they get an invite or not, the people who matter will be the ones who just want you to have a perfect day. Forget the rest.

Enjoy xx

If I were you, I'd tell them that you're having a small wedding and you're so sad you don't have the space to invite them... but you'd love it if you all went out for a meal closer to the time so they can help you celebrate. Or something like that!

We get married in Vegas in 3 1/2 weeks - and have only invited my OHs sister as bridesmaid and a friend of mine as best man! Keeping it simple :D

However, we are having the same dilemma. We are having a wedding reception/post wedding party when we get back - and cannot decide if we should invite colleagues. We have limited numbers for the party as it is on a boat on the Thames, so cannot go nuts. There are a couple of people I would like to invite from work - but there is the whole if you invite a couple from your team, should I invite everyone!
So decided at present not to invite anyone - and if we have any drop outs, invite them last minute.

Remeber its your wedding. And honestly, if someone is a true friend, they would understand and just be happy for you, so if you work collegues sulk remember its there problem not yours.

Back