Wedding pics!

When we chose our hotel in Cyprus, there was a wedding planner there but me being me wanted to organise it all by myself and did not want to be tied to using the hotel's photographer etc! I asked many questions to the wedding planner but researched myself. I'm so glad I did as in my opinion I made better choices than what was available to me from inhouse. The only thing i had help with was our documentation at town hall. I have heard of people not getting dates to be wed until they arrive in the country so you'll be grand waiting til Jan, you'll still have plenty time. Best of luck x

When we chose our hotel in Cyprus, there was a wedding planner there but me being me wanted to organise it all by myself and did not want to be tied to using the hotel's photographer etc! I asked many questions to the wedding planner but researched myself. I'm so glad I did as in my opinion I made better choices than what was available to me from inhouse. The only thing i had help with was our documentation at town hall. I have heard of people not getting dates to be wed until they arrive in the country so you'll be grand waiting til Jan, you'll still have plenty time. Best of luck x

Thank you for your advice!! :) We will be using a wedding planner through thomson for some of it but chosing our own hotel, reception rm etc. It looked like you had an amazing day and I hope mine will too! I cant wait! xxx

dont want to scare you off but be clear at the beginning with the tour operator's planners, i have heard some horror stories about bookig through the likes of thomsons etc. Is it them telling you cant find out time etc until Jan? I bet it is! If you go direct, you can find out. Just a thought hun.

Yeah we had an amazing day. You day will be just as magical x

dont want to scare you off but be clear at the beginning with the tour operator's planners, i have heard some horror stories about bookig through the likes of thomsons etc. Is it them telling you cant find out time etc until Jan? I bet it is! If you go direct, you can find out. Just a thought hun.

Yeah we had an amazing day. You day will be just as magical x

Ok thanks! Yes it was Thomson who said that! We have heard that it might be a different story if we found someone over there but its just finding someone! We will have another look round then before we book anything with Thomson! Thanks! xxx

my advice would be choose your hotel first. then take it from there. weddings abroad is big business these days, so chances are the hotel you choose will have an events co-ordinater. They will be able to advice about town hall etc. Or simply get the contact details for the town hall and call them and ask about dates etc. We chose our hotel first and had our ceremony in the hotel grounds in their ampitheatre. We chose not to do it in the town hall, but the town hall also looked lovely. I am sure also if you do search for weddings in sorrento loads of planners will come up. I really would stear away from doing it through tour operater. it will maybe be more expensive doing it your own way, but do your really want a package wedding?! They prob use the cheapest florists, photographers etc. Your only going to do this once so make it as magaical as you have ever dreamt off. x

very true thankyou! We have chosen which hotel we would like to stay with so like you say we will book that first and take it from there. We have found some wedding planners over there but havent spoken to them properly. One of them is now owned by Thomson now! I think we will do a little more research, like you say we want it to be perfect! Thank you for your advice! :) xxx

Once you get into the planning it yourself, there will be no stopping. You dont even need a wedding planner. We never had one for the things we booked oursels. It just depends on how you feel about doing it yourself. Please dont think am telling you what to do am only giving my personal opinion. Best of luck with everything x

No I'm very grateful for the advice!! I rarely get to talk to anyone that has already had their wedding abroad! xxx

no probs. anytime, just ask away! I love talking weddingS!!!

Back