WEDNESDAY - HOUR BY HOUR

lemma1968

Silver Member
Hi Guys

All late risers today?:p

Its SUNNY!!!!!!:D I love sunny days. Reminds me of Oz.

Hope you all have a good day - i'm off to try and buy an evening dress. Wish me luck!

Morning,
I'm trying to get all my laundry done today so I can dry it on the line. :D I'm also going to view more houses today and meeting up with some ladies from another forum for coffee this afternoon.

I've been feeling a bit low about the diet lately - partly because I haven't lost as much as I'd like in the last 3 weeks and partly because I just want to have something different now. :( I have been doing lots of weights work at the gym though so I'm hoping that I'm toning even if I'm not losing as much weight as I'd like.

Good luck finding the right dress lemma being short & round I've never found a dress thats right for me maybe when I am slim (fingers crossed) that will change
its grim here today again but lets hope it picks up later so we are all in the sunshine
Good luck to all who have wi's today
Have a good day

I've been feeling a bit low about the diet lately - partly because I haven't lost as much as I'd like in the last 3 weeks and partly because I just want to have something different now. :( I have been doing lots of weights work at the gym though so I'm hoping that I'm toning even if I'm not losing as much weight as I'd like.

Just wondering if you had thought that you might still be losing lots of weight, BUT..... doing lots of weights at the gym is going to build muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. So what you might be finding is that muscle building is counteracting your weight loss?

I know realistically that I am building muscle mass instead of just losing weight but it doesn't stop me feeling low about it. I am getting impatient now and just want to be finished.

mrspnut - hope you are feeling a bit better. Its awful when you feel so low. I have started keeping a diary and i'm writing everything down to see if it helps.

Went to the Trafford Centre today to buy an evening dress. Not sure of size or anything but knew i would have to face those dreaded changing room mirrors.

Started at Coast - tried on a grecian style black maxi dress. I asked them for a size 16 but they had very little of anything in stock in a size 16 so i thought i would try on the 14 and see how much weight i would have to lose to get into one.

well, IT FIT!:party0049::bliss::bliss::bliss:

I was so happy i bought it cos it looked lovely on then went outside, rang my mum to tell her then cried.:rolleyes:

Tried to get some shoes as well. Saw some lovely strappy evening shoes in Selfridges - in fact they were the only evening shoes i could find in there :gimi::gimi:.

Then I picked them up and looked at the price - £465.:cry:

Needless to say i did not bother. But they were sooooo beautiful.

Oh dear - will have to keep looking.

I can't wait until i am at goal (whichever century that my be in:p)/ so i can buy and wear all the lovely clothes i saw today.

Hope you are all ok - its been very quiet on here today.:confused:

I know realistically that I am building muscle mass instead of just losing weight but it doesn't stop me feeling low about it. I am getting impatient now and just want to be finished.

I felt exactly as you are feeling now, but trust me, don't be in a rush to finish. I went onto RtM with a stone and half still to lose, and am really struggling with RtM now, I have gained weight for the past two weeks (just under 3lb in total) and know I will have yet another gain this week, it is totally demoralising and I am pretty much following the programme. I wish I was still in abstinence!! I can't wait for this to be over now, that way I can start using my reserve of packs, and abstain for a week or two again to get rid of what I have put on!!

You really have done so very well, it won't be long now before you're on RtM and a whole bunch of new headaches for another 12 weeks!

Corey, keep it up - you will do fine - your head is straight and you know that it will work out if you keep to the plan. Same goes for you Mrspnut. I am feeling despondent. According to my scales I weigh more than I did this time last week. I have been doing more exercise though, and feel trimmer, but I still seem to have so much fat to get rid of. I've also added some Psyllium husks to my diet (fibre) as I am concerned at the lack of fibre in the diet, and also some lo-salt to counteract the leg cramps - which have now stopped. I imagine these are the cause and I guess it will take a week or so to settle down as both will retain water.

Congrats on the size14 dress Lemma - that is great news. I went to try on some shirts the other day and decided to see if the Mediums would fit. Well I got them on OK, but I am used to clothes being baggy so they just felt too tight for me, though being taller than 6ft (only just) I may never get into mediums I suppose. When the rest of my fat has gone I would possibly feel comfortable in medium at the moment it just feels that they are too tight and are holding me in.

Anyway a few months ago I wouldn't have dreamed of getting in XL let alone L so I am not that worried (really)!

Looks like a nice day here today and WI tonight (I'm not looking forward to that as I have never had my weight go up yet and I am worried about it).

I've just finished my 5th pint - I always try to get through them early on WI day so that I can pee most of it away by the time I get weighed.

Have a good day all - sorry for the ramble.

Blime - there was no Thursday thread and I just posted in Wednesday by error - sorry - I will repost this in today's one (edited)

Back