Wee bit help needed

bluebella

Hello i hope you do not mind me joining you, I have decided to start losing weigh and i am going to be following the slimming world plan. There is no group that suits me locally so i have got all the plan on line and some recipie books but i am very confused, Do i stick to red or green days or the easy option? Can i mix and match? Sorry this is probably a stupid question but i think i have tryied to take in to much info today. Wanting to start monday morning and heading out for the shoping shortly so want to be prepared. I have 4 stone to lose and apart from the fact that i am so unhealthy carring all this weightt we want to start a family so i think the extra weight off first is the best option.
There is some fantastic info on this site it is great far better than the slimming world website.
Hope to be part off this group and hope to share my weight loss ups and downs with you all.:)

Thanks Bluebella x

Hey - yes this site is brilliant. I have been doing Slimming World for six weeks now and don't know what I would have done without it. I do go to a group, but this forum has been invaluable to me.

I started off on the Extra Easy plan because our consultant told us that would be the best for us, however over the last couple of weeks, I have been doing quite a lot of red days.

You can mix and match what days you do depending on what you want to eat that particular day. It's really good to have this flexibility because it means you never feel like you are going without.

I have been doing red days for nearly a week, but on Friday night I decided to do an Extra easy day, because I was really hungry and just wanted a big plate of spag bol with normal spaghetti.

hello welcome to sw, yes you can combine red and green days, it's called extra easy, but, remember you only have 1hx a, and, 1, hxb. good luck:D

Good luck with your SW journey :0)

I think there's so much info and food choice when you first begin that it can seem over whelming. I'd say pick a plan, pick a few breakfast options, and some lunch and dinner ideas and snacks and then build up from there! Everyone has their own way of doing SW, you'll find yours along the way! xx

Hi Bluebella welcome to the site. There is a sticky called advice for newcomers to SW and this is a great place to find out how to follow the plan. I follow extra easy because it is just that although a lot of people follow just red or just green because you can get more Hex's. Extra Easy is everything free on green and red but only 1 Hex A and B. Just remember to have 1/3rd superfree on each meal. Superfree is anything that is free on both plans ie your veg and fruit but not eggs and yoghurt.

Hi I started on EE and have now moved to red. EE helped me make a habit of having 1/3rd of superfree with each meal and I have carried that on with red and my losses have seem to have sped up again.

Good luck

I do mainly red too with perhaps a couple of green days a week. EE doesnt suit me but we all find which we like best, and of course you can do all three depending what you fancy eating.

Back