Weeeee!! It's working!!!!!

Seraphine

I came back to Atkins 3 weeks ago (after a summer's dalliance with Slimming World...) and have lost a stone! Yay!!

I'm so happy, and I know that this is the way I should be eating. I'm not hungry now, not constantly thinking about food, and my goal is so close in my sights now that I can almost touch it. Friends are telling me how much they see the changes, and I feel so relieved that now when I walk into a room, the first impression isn't "fat girl with frizzy hair".

In the past, so many things have gotten in the way when I've been this close... pregnancies, a serious illness, travel to places where lowcarbing isn't easy. I am really committed this time, and every time a pound goes away, I keep thinking this is the LAST time I will be this particular weight. I'm giving my fat clothes away as I grow out of them, so there's no "fall back" (if I put weight on, I'll have to go naked...)

This weekend was my anniversary, and for one meal (lunch on Saturday), I ate fish and chips. With batter. But you know what? It was okay. I walked for miles that day, I enjoyed something I had really been wanting and enjoyed every bite, and got back on plan immediately afterward. The world didn't end, and I still lost for the week. It just shows me that once and a while - not often, though - I can have something off plan and still keep my progress going.

When I was on Scottish Slimmers, I got very paranoid about eating anything (oh no, half a potato?? That's too many checks!) Slimming World was better, but not very effective in getting any pounds off. I'm not concerned that it's taking me this many months to get to my goal weight - it didn't go on in weeks, so it won't all come off in weeks. I feel like if I do it STAY GONE :happy036:

So to all the newbies and returners who might read this - please keep trying, and just let this plan work it's magic. If I can do it, so can you!!

LOL, well done seraphine, that's really good to hear love.

that's great!

one of the things i like about this way of eating (apart from the fact that it really works) is that it's so tasty, with no guilt attacks every day!

OMG, you've done brilliantly! Thanks for that post, it's really inspirational to newbies like me. :)

Well done Seraphine - weird isn't it, this is so different from other diets I still feel guilty when I tuck into something yummy :)

Keep it up girl, you will do this!

From another frizzy head :)

Susie

yaaay! amazing isn't it :) well done xx

Hello, do we have a newbie here? welcome tazbabe, I look forward to you posting your losses. :)

Wow, that's a great loss...so motivational to a newbie like me :) yes we all deserve treats as long as we keep on track the rest of the time, which is easy with all the tasty options we have on this diet! Keep up the good work n I look forward to joining u on the 'losing side' very soon :)

Back