Week 1 weigh in - I want to cry :'(((

Dont worry everybody will find that there are good weeks and bad weeks, did you wear the same clothes to get weighed in and did you have a wee before you got weighed? these things can make a huge difference

Thankyou all SO much for the lovely supportive replies Xxxxxxx They really do mean a lot xxxxxxX

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I was pretty upset about it all :( Had a huge cry on hubbie when he walked in the door. He would like me to give up dieting and just crack on with lots and lots of exercise as he feels it`s obviously not my diet as I don`t constantly eat crap and never have - Just have a naff body that holds onto fat for dear life :( And exercise seems to make the diff to me losing weight more than food.

I`m committed to this diet though and will see it through for a bit longer in the hope I get better weigh ins. He is extremely supportive of me, So is happy to continue supporting me in the diet. I think he just worries about me as I was so upset.

Bill - Your lovely post made me cry all over again, But in a good way. Thankyou so much x

@ everyone, Sorry not to reply individually to all, But I DO appreciate every reply and support I get so THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!!

@some of the questions asked, I`d had a really hectic day that day so hadn`t had any shakes/drinks before my weigh in and went for a wee just before I stood on the scales :(

My sister hadn`t been on another diet beforehand like me, But she also has underactive thyroid :confused:

I was following a very low fat/low cal diet and was terrible for drinking water (hate it!) and was exercising regularly before I started, So maybe that could be a reason for less first loss, I dunno :( Doesn`t make me feel any better tho :(

Anyway, Thanks again!!

-hugs-n-kisses- to all

Xxxxxxxxxx

Please don't be disheartened and think it's 'obviously not the diet for you' after just one week! give it time x

I wouldn't say i constantly ate crap before LT, i cooked almost everything from scratch but one of my big problems was portion size - doesn't matter how healthy the food is, if you're having double the amount you're meant to you'll put on weight. Maybe that was something you also found.

I know that feeling about wanting to cry, when I was on LT last time I went for my 3rd weigh in and the lady told me I had GAINED 3.5lb I was totally surprised as I had stuck to it 100% so I had to put it down to constipation and water retention I never cheated and was really miffed to be honest, but I stuck with it and the week after I lost 7lb.

Please don't be disheartened and think it's 'obviously not the diet for you' after just one week! give it time x

I wouldn't say i constantly ate crap before LT, i cooked almost everything from scratch but one of my big problems was portion size - doesn't matter how healthy the food is, if you're having double the amount you're meant to you'll put on weight. Maybe that was something you also found.

Do you know, I think I will have to look at portion sizes as like I said, We have a good diet. Maybe I was eating more than I realised.

Xxxx

I know that feeling about wanting to cry, when I was on LT last time I went for my 3rd weigh in and the lady told me I had GAINED 3.5lb I was totally surprised as I had stuck to it 100% so I had to put it down to constipation and water retention I never cheated and was really miffed to be honest, but I stuck with it and the week after I lost 7lb.

-hugs- I can imagine how heart breaking that would be, I just hope it doesn`t happen to me too!

YAY well done@ losing 7lbs after :D

Xxxx

Do you know, I think I will have to look at portion sizes as like I said, We have a good diet. Maybe I was eating more than I realised.

Xxxx

I'm a bit puzzled by that - portion sizes? It's 3 packs per day (powders mixed appropriately with water) and at least 2 litres of water... a 'portion' is one pack - no variance! :confused:

I'm a bit puzzled by that - portion sizes? It's 3 packs per day (powders mixed appropriately with water) and at least 2 litres of water... a 'portion' is one pack - no variance! :confused:

Hey :)

I mean when I am eating food again :)

Sometimes I think we don`t always realise how much we are putting in our mouths even when we are eating healthily, So the weight can creep back on.

LiSe Xx

portion sizes and hidden calories...

by hidden calories i mean things you scoff without even thinking - the odd nibble on a biscuit, the odd latte when you're shopping, the extra few mouthfulls of dinner out of the pan before/after your dinner...

we can learn much by stopping eating and taking stock. i think. i HOPE! :)

My sister & I always go for coffee when we go into town. She has Cappucino and I have a Skinny Latte with 2 brown sugars.

I don`t have sugar in my tea at home and rarely drink coffee@ home so it`s my "treat".

Certainly makes you think doesn`t it?!

Xx

Bill - Your lovely post made me cry all over again, But in a good way. Thankyou so much x

Well that brought a lump to me throat, sorry to be yet another bloke making you cry, lol, there's nothing wrong with you shedding a tear, especially if its in a good way.

Lets hope the next weigh in is a success.

Keep us posted.

Bill

Well that brought a lump to me throat, sorry to be making you cry, lol, there's nothing wrong with you shedding a tear, especially if its in a good way.

Its great that Hubby is on your side, we all are too.

Lets hope the next weigh in is a success.

Keep us posted.

Bill

Glad to have you back sacredsilence, I had wondered where you had popped off to! Im so proud of you, in that you are sticking with LT, your so determined and although I cannot say how much you will lose each week, I can say that LT does work and you WILL reach your goal, because you deserve it.

Keep on being strong

Jodie x

Back