Induction Week 1 weigh in results

*soon-to-be-slim*

Silver Member
So one week done 95% on induction....

Only extras are sf jelly.... 1 serving every other day with cream

And seeds and nuts on salad ( very small amounts) I love them and makes it lush :)

1/2 advacado each day as well as olives...

My loss is 4 1/2 pounds :) very happy with this...

On to week 2 now......

So weighed in again today and I am another 1.3lbs down in week 2.....

I am feeling really tired and not alot of energy or it comes in bursts....

So moving up to 25g carbs today... Introducing some fruit berries I think .....

Any one else suffer with tiredness and weakness?

you're doing great!!

yes, at first i felt quite tired, but it passes, and sometimes you even get a boost of energy going on!

Thanks for the replies, I am eating enough protein I think.... Will see how I go this week... I have a fitness session 2 times a week and feel really weak in them..... I am going to try to have a banana before... I have read this is benificial when exercising on low carb...

Does anyone have any other ideas what to do for more energy in exercise?

Well done on losses so far. Your body should adapt to fully fat burning but may take a few weeks - personally i would avoid the banana until you are fully adapted. See marksdailyapple for more info on body adaption and best way to get results exercise etc

I'd avoid the banana in general. I was reading last night that it's really only high intensity athletes who actually require carbs - anyone else should be fine once their body adapts - and bananas will slow down that adaptation. Try some nuts or salami rolled up with cream cheese as an option, first?

Ok will avoid that then :) will try protein before and see how I go.... Thanks for you help

Just remembered, I read a post on Mark's Daily Apple recently about a couple who are both tri-athletes, and how they have changed their training and what they eat/drink beforehand etc - you'll find it here.

Even if you have only 10% body fat then you have access to something like 40,000 cal when you are fat burning instead of carb burning. But remember that your body cannot do both at the same time, it needs to adjust and to switch from one to the other. If I have it right then you are in your second week here, so your body will not be completely adapted to fat-burning just yet, it takes about three weeks for things to stabilise.

The Atkins book suggests not to worry about exercise for a few weeks, your system has enough to cope with doing the switchover. So perhaps a good idea to listen to your body, and take things gently for a bit. If you find you feel tired, then rest. You will have more energy as your body gets used to it. :)

Thanks for that info... Very investing... I will keep pushing on then....really want this to be a WOL now :))

I struggled to run when I first switched to low carb - felt like I had lead in my legs! It took 3 weeks and then it was fine - now I run better than I did Pre low carb. I tried a banana before my run but it made no difference once I had adapted to burning fat.

I would keep the intensity low for a while and make sure you're eating well, and it'll happen :)

Back