Week 1 weigh in...

clare1uk

Hi everybody,

I have just been for my first weigh in after 12 days instead of 7 due to shifts at work, and have lost 8lbs. I am a little gutted to be honest afeter seeing such good weight losses for others in the first week.

Although not downhearted I have to say, it may take longer than anticipated and at least I'm heading in right direction.

Also very excited as I managed to move my weight ticker :0).

So heres to next week which will only be 9 days....

Best wishes everyone

Clare x

Hey Clare, don't be disappointed, it's 4 bags of sugars worth, and you would be really gutted if you had gained it instead of losing it. Keep smiling :)

please dont be disheartened! 8lbs is amazing!! it's all relative anyway!

and here's why!
you have less to lose than many so that will take its toll (i had to lose nearly 4 times what you did and only lost 2lbs more!)
you may hold little water, and loads of us hold lots so shed loads in the first week
it may be to do with what your diet was like in the first place, if it was quite healthy then this is to be expected.

and many other reasons too!! it's a great loss hun, well done!!! xxx

well done 8lb is fab don't be too disappointed shift work is a nightmare when on any diet been there done it i'm a nurse and no matter how good i was on any diet i could never seem to lose the lb's but this works!!! so keep at it. i must admit though i am on maternity leave at mo but i reckon i would find it just as easy if i were in work....(break what break lol)

Gratz good work and I echo SarahLou - there could be untold reasons why you dont lose as much as others - but as long as you are losing thats the main thing :D keep up the good work.
x

Don't be disapointed, 8lb is amazing and it can be different for everyone. Try not to focus just on the weight loss, measuring is a great way to see the difference too. measure your thigh's, waist, stomach and arms and you will see amazing results even if you dont see them on the scales. Well done on your 1st weigh in clare and keep up the good work. So far so good.

Clare that is brilliant!

Please don't be gutted and think of the 8lbs that has disappeared from your gut!

You're heading in the right direction and your determined, so you're going great guns.

More than a lb a day is nothing to be down about woman -you've done amazingly so well done!

No matter how hard it is you really must try NOT to compare yourself to anyone else. You will lose all the weight you need to by following LT 100% - but we are all different and all lose at different rates.

8lb is FANTASTIC!! In fact the perfect weight to lose *ahem* ;)

Brilliant week 1 weigh in, and keep up the motivation :)

Good for you!

We all have our down moments on any diet. I know I was (very briefly) disappointed on week 2 to 'only' lose 4lb. Ridiculous really, i probably could have put 4lb ON during a pre-LT week!!

You'll get there :)

Thats a brilliant loss........and its over 4% of your body weight!!! Dont be disheartened, you've done really well x

^^^ What they all said :D

8lbs gone & gone for good is summat to shout about ! :) x

well done clare1Uk, my first weigh in 2moro nervous and excited hoping for the same weight loss as you!!

8lbs is still really good! Try not to be disappointed - at least it's 8lbs in the right direction and 8lbs closer to your goal! Chin up =D

Congrats! 8lbs is a great loss! & I think SarahLou has made some really great comments about what might have caused to be less than you anticipated.

Great to finally get the tracker moving! Good luck for next week! :)

Hannah

Clare, 8 lb's is a great weight loss, how long would it take to loose that on any other diet.... keep motivated and good luck for next weeks weigh in x Raquel

Back