Week 13

leinadeoz

Hiya, has anyone been through week 13 yet? I'm terrified and contemplating skipping it although I know your not supposed to. Do you put weight on? I need to loose two more stone by 10th September for an ivf appointment (have lost 3 stone 4 in 9 weeks so far) and am scared I won't get there if I do the week 13 thing :s

3 stone 4lb lost in 9 weeks - love slim and save :)

I went away for a week during week 11 so chose to have my week off then. I'm really not a good example of how you should do it though! I didn't even look at how your supposed to do it as I knew I'd be eating out a lot do I just decided to eat sensibly. I did ok but could have been better. I didn't go mad though and had no sugar and minimal carbs. I decided not to weigh myself on my usual day as I didn't want the disappointment of a higher number. I got straight back on my packs and my weigh in this week was 2lbs lower than before I went. I'm sure I put a few pounds on but they've gone along with some more. If you do it properly I'm sure weight wise you'll be fine, my only worry is getting back on track again. I'm ok at the moment and feel really motivated but I know how hard it can be when you're given a bit if food freedom. If you don't feel you can do it or don't want to I'm sure you won't be the first! Good luck :)

Most people on here found if they followed the refeed programme they actually continued to lose weight, or sts. I wouldn't suggest skipping it- when I told people I was going to do this diet people gave me all sorts of scare stories so I did A LOT of research and found that after roughly three months (or 12 weeks) of consuming less than half your daily required energy needs your body will go into 'starvation mode' and although you will never not lose weight you will start to eat your muscle and your weight lose, and metabolism will slow down (more muscle=higher metabolism). Taking a planned break will prevent this.

If you are worried about not getting back on plan you could do what some people on here have done and make all your shakes with milk instead of water and eat extra protein?

That is a really good idea about making the shakes with the milk, thanks for thy, I think I'll do that and maybe chuck the two pieces of fruit I'm spouses to he in a blender with it, that way I'm not technically eating! X

3 stone 8lb lost in 10 weeks - love slim and save :)

Sorry for the dodgy spelling there! X

3 stone 8lb lost in 10 weeks - love slim and save :)

Back