Week 15 weigh in - mixed results

Wales

Silver Member
I weigh in officially with my CDC every other week but record my own weight the weeks I don't see her. Last time she weighed me she had new scales as the previous set had broken the night of my week 12 weigh in. Last week her scales recorded me with a 1lb loss, but my scales said more like 4lbs. However I took her 1lb as the official loss as I know the losses will catch up and I still have a way to go.

Yesterday evening I popped to see her to change some tetras for bars and she offered to weigh me. Her scales said I had lost a further 2lbs, but my scales that morning said I had lost 6lbs. Weighed myself when I got home and again they didn't match hers. So this morning I weighed myself at Boots, and their scales matched mine rather than hers.

Now I know that scales can differ and my weight does fluctuate throughout the day but I think her new set of scales are nowhere near matching mine and Boots. I have dropped her a note to tell her what I weighed when I got home as she was concerned that her new ones were out. So I am recording this weeks loss by mine and Boots as they match. To be honest as long as my weight is going down and not up I am happy.

On a downside, the Boots scales measured my height at 5ft 5.2 or 166 cm, I thought I was 5ft 6 and 168 cm. So have changed this on my ticker and on my details on here and of course this changes my BMI - wah!!! I so want to get to a BMI of 30 and overweight but this is a setback - small in the greater scheme of things - but still annoying.

Sorry this turned out to be a bit of long post!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend...

Fantastic loss of 6lbs! You have lost such a lot now haven't you. I can understand your frustration at CDC's scales. My weight on CDC's scales is 6lbs more than on mine and a friend with same CDC says the same. Still as you say if they are going down on all scales then that's the result you want! Well done:)

My CDC comes to my house and I weigh on my own scales, that was I know for sure what is going on, if I have to go to hers, I weigh in and take a photo with my phone so I can show her, works for me.

Annoying things scales aren't they grrrrrrrrrrr but well done on your fantastic loss !!!!!!!!!!!

Well at least after all that i can say huuuuuurrrraayyyyyyyyyy. Well done. That's some serious movement on the scales. Good work xxx

Can you lose some for me please? lol

Well done hon thats a fantastic loss... you must be chuffed!!
it is frustrating when your scales dont match.. but hey dont worry to much about it..............
Your doing great x

Fantastic loss of 6lbs! You have lost such a lot now haven't you. I can understand your frustration at CDC's scales. My weight on CDC's scales is 6lbs more than on mine and a friend with same CDC says the same. Still as you say if they are going down on all scales then that's the result you want! Well done:)

That's weird. My CDC's scales way me 6lbs heavier than my home ones too.

Boots scales measured me at 5ft 2....I'm 5ft 7!!!Verified by docs and at home.So don't worry too much about the height thing at Boots.

Thanks for all your comments - to be honest the longer I am on this diet the less I feel concerned with the numbers. The inches are coming off, clothes sizes are getting smaller and I know at the end I will be much lighter and healthier than I was - does that seem strange?

Polish Rose - your comment has cheered me up no end. My OH and I have an ongoing joke with me saying I am taller than him, clearly not. When I told him today he laughed his head off and has kept making jokes all day - I will gain those centimeters back :D

Great attitude about caring less about the numbers. I do feel the same however I need to reach my goal weight to feel I've acheived what I set out to do xxx

Back