Week 16 Weigh in

xsarahloux

~~someday!~~
royaly miffed. 4 months of eating NOTHING and to celebrate the 4 month mark, you are rewarded with a loss of 1lb.

blinking gutted.

only things i've done differently this week are i've been to the gym twice, and i've had a couple of cups of black coffee. checked my ketostix and i'm still in so that's good but doesnt explain it!

my mum reckons its a hormone thing, but because i am on a pill that doesnt give you a period i never rreally have a cycle, or therefore symptoms. but come to think of it i've been tearful and grumpy all week which isnt like me so maybe it is hormones and a bit of water retention.

the most annoying thing is last week i was 1.5lbs from half way. so i was sure i'd be over halfway this week, but no!! still not quite over the hill and on the way down yet!

rant over, roll on next week.

for those of you that have TOTM low weigh ins, does it make up for it the next week?

thanks for reading! xxx

But, as i always say - look at the bigger picture! and LT can be incredibly random but you've not yet lost less than 3lb a week which is *amazing*

you'll be back to a bigger loss next week I've no doubt. Keep going and you'll get there :)

Aw hun

I know you were looking forward to getting past half way. I think it sounds very much like totm hormones. Especially as you've been feeling tearful. You've been stressed at work too- and stress can do funny things to our bodies.

As Elle says- in terms of bigger picture- you've lost 5 and a half stone in 4 months!! I mean that is FANTASTIC girl!!! I know you'll be disappointed as psychologically being past half way would have felt like you were on the home strait, but you're doing SO well. Don't be disappointed- next week you'll be back to your normal losses and feeling brilliant that you're past that half way point!

Don't know how much totm is going to effect me because I can put on half a stone when I'm hormonal. Looking at other people's signatures I've noticed that every three or four weeks you get a bit of a dip and that it seems to recover so I'm sure this is a tiny blip.

Chin up babe- you're our superstar!

xxxx

But, as i always say - look at the bigger picture! and LT can be incredibly random but you've not yet lost less than 3lb a week which is *amazing*

you'll be back to a bigger loss next week I've no doubt. Keep going and you'll get there :)

Thanks hun, i'm sure next week will be better. my work friend just dragged me to the shop to hold 8 packs of butter (the 250g ones) to force me to feel better about 1lb. think it worked you know!

Aw hun

I know you were looking forward to getting past half way. I think it sounds very much like totm hormones. Especially as you've been feeling tearful. You've been stressed at work too- and stress can do funny things to our bodies.

As Elle says- in terms of bigger picture- you've lost 5 and a half stone in 4 months!! I mean that is FANTASTIC girl!!! I know you'll be disappointed as psychologically being past half way would have felt like you were on the home strait, but you're doing SO well. Don't be disappointed- next week you'll be back to your normal losses and feeling brilliant that you're past that half way point!

Don't know how much totm is going to effect me because I can put on half a stone when I'm hormonal. Looking at other people's signatures I've noticed that every three or four weeks you get a bit of a dip and that it seems to recover so I'm sure this is a tiny blip.

Chin up babe- you're our superstar!

xxxx

i'm sure you're right Luce, its all about working out our own patterns i guess!

Sxx

aww woman, the butter tip is a good un and just tell yourself that after you've had a good wee or poop poop you'll have whipped that half a pound out by the end of the day! You're still halfway! And are doing incredibly well, keep cheerful babes, next week will b e amazing, just you wait. ;) :D

hey that happened to my mum wen she did lighter life an the nxt wk she lost 5lb so all works out in the end. :).

i no how u feel tho wen u nearly at that point but wait till nxt wk hun. plus like determined girl sed u av lost loads in a short amount of time. which is fab!! :)

good luck 4 nxt wk hun!

Ahh sarahlou :hug99: Thats still 1lb of fat, 8 sausuages that you have got rid of for good!!! :) :) Look at your overall loss - amazing!! :)

What things are you doing at the gym? Avoid heavy cardio as this can put your body into starvation mode and therefore result in a smaller loss as your body keeps hold of everything that your 'food' (shake) contains cuz it thinks its starving.

Chin up chick, next week you will smash that half way mark :D xxx

I started reading your post and was scared because I thought you was going to say 4 months of not eating and you had put on 1lb. Phewwwww

Now that I know it was a 1lb loss I can relate to that. I know that as you progress, loses do get smaller and I think it is because your body got rid of all the obvious fat and now it is making it's way between muscle and fat and all the other stuff. Maybe that is what is taking long. Maybe my version is a bit silly but you never know :).
That is how I make myself feel better when I lose small.

Also people have said that as they have lost small amounts they have also lost inches. That maybe the case for you.

Either way babes you have come a long way and have done brilliantly. As I always say, if you you can see it and feel it then the scales do not matter.

xxxx

Ahh sarahlou :hug99: Thats still 1lb of fat, 8 sausuages that you have got rid of for good!!! :) :) Look at your overall loss - amazing!! :)

What things are you doing at the gym? Avoid heavy cardio as this can put your body into starvation mode and therefore result in a smaller loss as your body keeps hold of everything that your 'food' (shake) contains cuz it thinks its starving.

Chin up chick, next week you will smash that half way mark :D xxx

Thanks Sum, I thought about this at the gym so i'm doing about 10-15mins of cardio (bikes or cross trainers - pretty sure treadmills are the devils work) and doing some light resitance stuff for 30mins in an attempt to tone up as i go along.

do you think that's ok?

bikes and cross trainers are ideally used for cardio workouts (i do believe - dont quote me exactly though) so how about something like light weights to tone arms, some sit ups for belly maybe - avoid the bike and cross trainer this week and see how your weigh in goes :)

Mind you, im one to talk - i did no exercise whilst on LT! lol

Your overall loss is wonderful! I know 1lb is disappointing, but, hopefully next week it'll be a loss that compensates! :)

I think that even if you're on a pill that prevents obvious signs of your cycle, there is still a cycle that could influence these things...

Good luck for next week!!

Hannah

Hey sarahlou, well done on losing 1lb of pure fat, I know it can be demoralizing to only lose 1 after such effort, but it seems to be commonplace that this can happen now and again despite our controlled efforts, big congrats on your losses so far- their astounding and best of luck for next week and a lucky break for you. xx

Back