Week 19, I've lost ... 6 stone

possum

I can't believe that it's true, but it is. I'm quite overwhelmed by this milestone and feel quite tearful. Goal is only 1.5 stone away, it's a strange place to be in, but boy does it feel good.

fantastic, you must feel so different!!
good luck with your last bit
daisy x

That's Amazing well done x

Bloody hell!! Thats fantastic...well done you!

Wow!!! Huge congrats possum!!! After what you've list so far, 1.5 must be a breeze!!!

What a great feeling!! You've lost the weight of a small child....must make walking etc a lot easier!!!

Keep at it. You're amazing!!! Xxxx

possum said:
I can't believe that it's true, but it is. I'm quite overwhelmed by this milestone and feel quite tearful. Goal is only 1.5 stone away, it's a strange place to be in, but boy does it feel good.

Fantastic loss,well done to you!!
Sexy xx

Thanks everyone :) Feeling slightly less freaked out today, thankfully. Hope you all have great weekends.

Wonderful Possum. Congratulations. Well done you.
Your loss will inspire many others too.
:)

I haven't been on here in months - life has been a bit hectic.

Anyway, my update is that I reached my goal at the end of October and am now a bit under it! 140 was my original goal actually, but thought it was probably too ambitious when I was starting out. I started out as a size 22. Have been a 10 (and am finding a lot of 10s loose) for the last few months.

Well done Possum - that is fantastic. Congratulations !:)

That's amazing. I need to lose a similar amount before my wedding in May. I started exante today but I'm thinking switching to Lighter Life in a couple of months.

Did you exercise much? Any bits of advice for us newbies?
I planned to do more exercise (cycling), but didn't get that much done. I walked quite a bit and found that as the weight came off, the amount of general activity I did increased naturally.

My number 1 tip would be to really keep your fluid intake up. Some people will tell you that's to 'flush the toxins' out of your system, but that's nonsense. However the chemical process by which fat is broken down (called hydrolysis) requires water. It may seem like a chore, but I had really good losses when I drank enough.

Other tips:

Get it out of your head from the start (if you do think this) that you're being deprived. You're not. If you see thin friends eating what they like, remember all the times that you didn't deprive yourself and they probably did. Reminding myself of this helped.

Also, don't be scared of going to restaurants or social occasions early on. I think some people avoid this and then it becomes a big deal. It's really not. You're there to see your friends and to enjoy their company and you'll see that you don't need to eat to do that.

Don't miss class. It's important that you're going. The counselling aspect of it is going to help you and you'll get as much out of it as you put in.

Throw out your clothes as soon as they're too big. Don't keep 'fat' clothes in the back of the cupboard. Too tempting to fetch something out that does fit if you put on some pounds once you've reached goals. Those clothes don't fit. You don't need them. I only have size 10 clothes in my house now. If I put any weight on, I have to lose it straight away or I will have nothing to wear.

Do keep trying on clothes in shops, even if you have no intention of buying them. I really found it helped having an event coming up and visualising myself wearing a certain outfit I couldn't get into yet. I would buy jeans in a smaller size and try them on every few days and think about getting into them.

The water mixes do help.

I feel quite positive now, if I go into this negative then I'll stop as quick as I started. But like you said if you go into this in the right head space you'll do well.
Yes, there is no point doing it unless you're really committed and ready. At my first class our consultant said to us "If you follow this. it is going to work" and that made me cry - realising that really this time, it's going to happen can be quite emotional. I thought I'd always wanted to lose weight, but actually being there knowing that it could happen, was going to happen was totally different to any other feeling I'd had embarking on a diet.

Oh, another tip. Our consultant said that when she was doing it she would ask herself, if tempted by something "Is this _________ really what I want to fail on?" Think about it. Is a muffin or a McDonalds or a chocolate bar or whatever more important than Lou's goals and dreams? Really? You, your health, your happiness, your self-esteem are all worth more than any item of food and when it comes down to it, if you 'cheat' then you're saying that isn't so. And 'just once' really does matter.

Good luck! 2012 is going to be amazing xx

Back