Week 2 PORTIONS!!!

jazz_egy

Hey there im having a bit of diificulty with portion sizes not mentioned in the book esecially when it comes to the dairy products so i was just wondering if anyone can answer my questions:

1) In the book it said that we are allowed virtually fat free dip, does that include salsa dips?
2)As we are allowed cucumbers are we allowed gherkins?
3) Are we now allowed sugar free gum?
4) How much yogurt/frommage frais/quark are we allowed daily (grams)?
5) How much skimmed milk are we allowed?
6) Can i have as much of the dips as i want? (from the recipe book)
7) If i have dips does that mean i cant have yogurt/frommage frais/quark by itself?

Im so sorry about asking so many questions its just that i've realised that if i dont know exactly precise measurements of food im allowed then i will overeat, which i am sure im doing with the yogurt...i cant stop eating it (and yes i feel like its calling out for me) but this is only because i dont know how much i am actually allowed of it....funnily enough the food which i was obsessed about, jelly, is not having this effect on me, possibly because i know that it's unlimited....so if you can give me exact amounts it would be much appreciated!!

Difficult isn't it?!

But there are no set portion sizes - you have to choose for yourself.

What I do is to add up the calories and I do weigh my protein portions so that I'm aware of how much I am eating, after I've decided what a sensible portion might be.

Although it's difficult, I think that the intention is that you take responsibility for your food choices and make some decisions as to your own food portions. Now, after an initial madness around the sugar free jelly, I feel more in control. I'm still working on finding out if my calories are okay for the point of RTM I'm at, but if I start putting on weight, I'll definitely think again about it all!

I quite like the fact in one way that there are no hard and fast rules, because I just obsess then!

Oh, and I'm eating an occasional piece of sugar free chewing gum and re the question of the milk - my LLC told me to stick to 1/2 pint a day.

Its so tough....do u have any idea of how much yogurt/frommage frais we should be having....because im sure im having too much

I actually have a pot of Total 0% (150g) and a Muller Light each day at the moment. I'm monitoring my weight obviously, and will change this if required, but I love both of them and don't want to give either up!

i will usually have one total0% and one yog or 2 total 0% a day i usually have protein as it comes ie a chicken breast approx 150g of protein ...iam on week 7

Back