Week 3 and feeling great!!

motherof2

What got me through stage 1 was that I would be feeling wonderful in stage 2. However my head still feels fuzzy, my memory has gone, and I am so tired! I have mostly fat meals, but with at least one carb meal (usually for lunch) a day. Am I doing something wrong? I am losing weight though.. but I am questioning whether it is worth it when I feel like a zombie!!
I hope I don’t put anyone off, counting down the days until phase 1 is over and they suddenly wake up one morning and feel great.. but it just hasn’t happened to me yet! I am in the minority, and I wondered if anyone would know why?

Last edited:
It could be that you have candida quite severely and therefore it's taking longer for it to die off & leave you feeling good again. Everyone I've spoken to on the Harcombe Diet forum says that it does get better, we're all different and feel the effects of the diet differently. I'm feeling really rough but my hubby is already feel quite energetic (we're on day 4), I know when I did Atkins earlier in the year it took me almost 2 weeks to feel good and I'm not really expecting to wake up on Saturday feeling amazing (although live in hope :p)

You are losing weight and of course you don't want to feel so tired all the time, but I'm sure it will pass - how far into stage 2 are you? And are you making sure you're not eating anything that you're still craving or could be feeding candida?

HTH x

Thank you for your reply. I am now on day 7 of the second phase. I am still easting phase 1 foods, gradually introducing milk and brown bread. I have felt very nauseous the past few days, I now think it is because I am not drinking enough water. I had puffed rice today with skimmed milk for breakfast. It didn’t taste too bad! The first time I couldn’t finish the bowl.

It has changed the way I see food. Before I started this, I loved food, now I see it as something to keep me going. It doesn’t excite me at all! It is a shame; maybe I need to experiment with recipes from the book. However, my skinny friends feel that way about food too.

For anyone reading this that is on phase 1 and hoping to feel better, I want to stress I did feel awful too, I now feel much better than I did on stage 1, but not “normal” or energised yet.

Hiya!

How are you feeling now hun? Have you lost 11lbs in two weeks? That's awesome if so, i've only lost 6lbs - booooo!

I also feel like food is just fuel and my love for food has died down a lot, but maybe it was love maybe it was cravings?! I have no desire to binge or to eat anything thd unfriendly... it's quite bizarre but i'm over the moon about it!

Week 3 and feeling great!

Hi Karen, I feel normal again now, but a lot lighter! Yes I have lost 11lb in the first 2 weeks! At first I was really concerned (??!!!!) not really sure why, but I still have lots more to lose so I am happy it has come off quickly. I think it must be water. I feel great now.

If I think about foods like chocolate, I don’t want to eat it, but I have come so close to just putting a biscuit in my mouth just out of habit. I have 2 young children and go to lots of coffee mornings where biscuits or an everyday sight. I want my children to enjoy freshly made biscuits and cakes just like their friends. I am surrounded by foods I cannot eat. Within the past 2 weeks I have made bread, pizza, and cakes without eating any. I think with me I would eat it more out of habit than cravings. Although I used to really enjoy chocolate!!

My weight loss is slowing down now, but I hope to get to 1 stone loss by Christmas. Keep posting I love to hear what you have been eating. As we started the same day, it is great to compare notes and experiences.

Back