Week 3 No Loss?!!!

sportylass

:wave_cry:

Hi everyone.

This is my first post on here and need some support. Started 3 weeks ago (doing it alone at home). I had losses of 4lb for both the 1st and 2nd week..... did everything the same as the first 2 weeks this week..... and NO LOSS!!!! Not even a pound!! If anything I was even better than the first 2 weeks, so I dont understand!! Feeling really down. Any advice please!!

x

sportylass said:
:wave_cry:

Hi everyone.

This is my first post on here and need some support. Started 3 weeks ago (doing it alone at home). I had losses of 4lb for both the 1st and 2nd week..... did everything the same as the first 2 weeks this week..... and NO LOSS!!!! Not even a pound!! If anything I was even better than the first 2 weeks, so I dont understand!! Feeling really down. Any advice please!!

x

Well done-you've still lost 8lbs in 3 weeks-that's awesome! Why not post a food diary for people to look at-maybe See if there is something you've missed x

Wow what a great start - if you were at class you would have your first sticker already. Dont be disheartened, keep up the great work and I am sure this week you will loose again, its just your body getting used to your new way of eating - I think sometimes it goes into 'shock' especially after 8lbs off in two weeks. Your doing great, give yourself a big pat on the back and keep posting your losses....

Good luck

Ah hun, this could have been me writing this a month ago! I've been having random STS weeks (take a look at my diary, I feel your pain!) for absolutely no reason and then big losses of 3.5-4.5lb.

I know it's not much help at the mo but you have to stick at it! Honestly, if ur doing it 100% I promise next week will surprise you.

Things I've learnt;
- exercise seems to stop weight loss for a week or two but then ur body gets used to it
- not drinking enough water will also stop it randomly enough
- some stuff that you think is superfree actually isn't.....(peas, I mean you!)

Do you keep a food diary you could put up and maybe we can spot something on there that might not be helping? X

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replys. Don't have my food diary on me right now, but can post what I had yesterday and today as think I can remember!

EE Day

Breakfast: 28g Nestle Clusters (Hex B) and Milk (Hex A) and Instant Latte (3 syns)

Snack: Crab Sticks and Pineapple

Lunch: Leftover Pork in mustard, Roasted Veg (Butternut Squash, Carrots, Parsnips, Leeks, Onion and potatoes)

Chocolate Penguin Bar (5.5 syns)

Snack: 2 Celebrations chocs (4 syns)

Dinner: Beef stew and mash potato (recipe from old SW Magazine) (Stew = Carrots, Mushrooms, Leeks, Lean Beef, Shallots, Marmite - My own add in, Beef Stock, Tomato Puree and Red Wine - 2 syns)

Coffee - From Hex B milk allowance
Water and Diet coke drunk throughout the day

Total syns: 14.5 syns

Today: Red Day

Breakfast: 2 x bread (HEX B) and 2 Babybel (HEX A) and Latte (3 syns)

Snack: Penguin Bar (5.5 syns) and Coffee (milk from HEX A)

Lunch: Leftover Beef stew (no mash today as Red Day) (2 syns)

Snack: Coffee

Dinner: Coq au Vin and mash (potatoes from HEX B) and recipe from SW Magazine - Veg in dish = Leeks, mushrooms, carrots, shallots

Total syns: 10.5 syns

I usually make a big dinner and save half for lunch the next day.

Any ideas guys as to where I went wrong last week? I had 5 EE days and 2 Red Days. The previous 2 weeks was similar, but I also had an odd Green day.

Thanks!! xx

Bodies are stange things.

I was an angel for 2 weeks a month or so ago, and those 2 weigh ins I STS. Same thing happened last week. I try to look at my weight loss in monthly terms now.
Its disheartening but seriously sometimes there is no reason you can put your finger on, and you just have to move forward.
Just remember how well you've done already, and how much kinder you are being to your body every week that you eat well.

What your experiencing is really normal. I lost 5.5lb 1st week, then sts 2nd week then a 3lb loss 3rd week - was 100% behaved on all 3 weeks and ate the same type of foods.

8lb in 3 wks is brill - just think thats 138lb in a year = 9 stone 12lbs - which is mind blowing.

Just keep going and even if your weight loss slows down as long be happy its coming off eventually x

this happens occasionally as the body adjusts so keep sticking with it and it will even itself out, 8lb in three weeks is amazing so concentrate on that as a positive to move forward.

You didn't necessarily do anything wrong! Look at the bigger picture of 8lbs in 3 weeks, you can't expect to be constantly losing 4lbs a week on this plan. You're doing great and your losses will continue if you stick at it.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the supportive messages. Am feeling a lot more positive after reading all that you have been through. Think I see now that it wasnt anything I did wrong, its just my body's way of adapting. Am going to stick to it the same this next week and hope that I get another loss next week.

I know 8lbs is great for 3 weeks, so I must keep that in mind and that a STS is not a bad thing!! Thanks everyone!! :D

Well done for the 8lbs loss in 3 weeks. :clap:

The only thing I would say is make sure 1/3 of your plate is filled with superfree on the EE days.

I noticed your breakfast...
Breakfast: 28g Nestle Clusters (Hex B) and Milk (Hex A) and Instant Latte (3 syns)...hadn't got any superfree included. You have to do this with every meal and I know breakfast is one of the hardest to have the 1/3 superfree foods on it.

If you're doing EE for 5 days and not eating enough superfree then this may have an effect on your losses.

Good luck for next week! :D

Hey, thats true. I always forget about breakfast to have my 1/3 superfree. Although I do try to have about 1/2 superfree at my other meals normally as am so worried I am not getting enough at the other two. I will def try and up my intake on superfree in between meals and at breakfast. Thanks for the tip! :)

Hi sportylass - this is exactly what happened to me too. I lost 9.5lbs in the first two weeks then week 3 sts and week 4 lost 0.5lbs although I had been 100% on plan the whole time. Last week I lost 4lbs.
I was a bit fed up after week 4 but the people on here set me right and one week later I got my one stone award :-D
Just keep following the plan and it will even out.

Thanks Moonstruck. It helps to hear I'm not the only one and that people jave had good losses later on. Will keep going as really want to lose another 2 stone! Thanks for the support!

hi new to this can people give me a food ideas on ee and is it ok to stick to that plan all the time cannt seem to loose any weight thanks

falkiner said:
hi new to this can people give me a food ideas on ee and is it ok to stick to that plan all the time cannt seem to loose any weight thanks

It's fine to always stick to ee. Are you going to a class or doin it online? Either way there is a great recipe section online which u can access even if u go to a class and the 7day menu plan is good for ideas

Hey everyone. Just to say, that after last weeks STS, I lost 2 lbs this week.... and that was not being 100% so really pleased! Going to try really hard to try and lose 4 lbs this week to get my 1st stone!! x

Back