Week 3 RTM

Slimseaa

Silver Member
Hi All,

I am starting Week 3 tomorrow!

I was told by my LLC that from tomorrow I can have 2 Foodpacks and 2 Meals, is that correct?

She said that her advise would be to have the meals as:

(1) 1 Fruit Salad with the Yogurt
(2) 1 Protein with Salad
(3) 1 Soup
(4) 1 Cereal Bar
(5) Min 3 Litres of water

Is that correct?

What does everyone else do, how do u have your meals.

Please help, thank you!

Also how much fruit does one eat, for instance 1 apple, 1 plum, e.t.c

Tried to answer on your PM - but as I don't have my book here with me, its a little hard to advise too much. Stick to 2-3 pieces of fruit a day and see how your body copes. Week 3 is often the week people put weight on cos they go mad eating TONS of fruit. It IS excellent for you - but it DOES contain calories! I chose only to reintroduce low-carb fruits - so tend to stick to the berries in the main.

Good luck SS you are doing well;)

Thanks Lady, don't think im losing weight though, not sure, only a ouple of lbs here and there! Apart from me lapsing on a few bites of some indian food the other day, where i think i must have put on a couple of lbs! Otherwise have been sticking to it religously

Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries are all the lowest carb fruits you can get (pretty much!). Apples quite high cos very sugary (which is why you often get hungry after you've eaten an apple). Not sure about the others - but they aren't low-carb cos they're not on my list!!!

Checked in my RTM book - you're on 3 packs and 1 protein meal now - plus yog/fruit/raw veg as snacks. 3 litres of water.

Hi Slim

You go up to 2 meals in week 5.

I was pretty much doing that in week 3.
although I had 2-3 fruit portions and 2 yoghurt.

(1) 1 Fruit Salad with the Yogurt
(2) 1 Protein with Salad
(3) 1 Soup
(4) 1 Cereal Bar
(5) Min 3 Litres of water
Have you got your login for management section yet? They have a massive section on servings.
Basically with fruit it is
Canned*/stewed fruit 3 heaped tbsp
Dried apricots/dates 3
Grapefruit ½
Medium fruit eg apple, banana, orange, pear 1
Melon 1 medium slice
Pure fruit juice 1 small glass (150ml)
Raisins, sultanas 1 heaped tbsp
Raspberries 2 handfuls
Small fruits eg plums, satsumas 2 Strawberries 7 medium

I definitely appreciate fruit more than now than I ever did.

Its been my lifesaver on RTM.

I have green seedless grapes, sliced strawberries and raspberries with 0% yogurt for breakfast.

Lovely!!

Going into week 3 next week, sorry to bug everyone with questions but I'm a bit confused about something!

The recipes in the book (spinach and mushroom salad, leafy quinoa salad) are they for the main meal?

Do we just have everything we've been having in week 2, plus up to 3 servings of fruit? If so, is 3 servings of fruit equal in calories to the pack we cut out?

A 'meal' is termed as anything with a protein, so the quinoa is termed as protein and would be a meal. Go fairly easy on the fruit and remember that a fruit portion is about 80 grams. It's easy to start eating a bit too much. The fruit you will start off with is relatively low GI and lowish in calories. A portion (and this depends on the fruit in question) is about 50 calories. That means, three portions of fruit is slightly more than your food pack. Remember you are aiming to up your calories week by week until you are eating between 1700 and 2000 cals a day (this depends on your height and activity levels). I used to have crudites at lunch time as these don't count as a meal (no protein). Looking back at my food and mood journal, a typical day in week three went like this:
Breakfast:
Foodpack
Lunch
crudites (mangetout, radish, red pepper)
Snack
blueberries, raspberries and 0% yoghurt
Dinner
chicken with a soy, mustard and worcester sauce coating; salad
Supper
Foodpack

Hope that helps

Back