Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Week 3 WI - Feeling REALLY Low!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by GTPeach, 20 August 2008 Social URL.

1. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Week 3 official weigh in: 0 lbs lost?!?!?! On SS?!?!?! Without cheating?!?! Feels so futile.

I know I had to have lost inches - clothes fit better - but not even 1 teeny tiny little pound?!?! I lost more weight on TOTM!!!!

I'm scared that my body is taking it's usual diet route. I will drop a few lbs quickly (never this much, usually like 2-4) and then be rigid and disciplined for months with diet and exercise and lose like 1 lb every 3 months or so.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    :grouphugg:I know how disheartened you must be hun. you know this diet works and you will lose your weight, you can do it hun, i bet you make up for it next week.xx

4. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    It makes me feel even worse because I know there are people who have cheated, or eaten bad stuff, and still lost weight. So it makes me wonder, why the heck can't I when I've stuck to it more strictly than I need to? I don't even have coffee/tea/coke zero every day, I let myself have 1 small cup of black coffee a week as a treat.

Ugh and now I get to drive to Uni and go through the day feeling waaayyyy less hot and confident than I did before. :(

5. Fizzy

Fizzy Silver Member

Don't worry it often slows around week 3 as your body adjusts. Keep going and it im sure you will lose next week.

6. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I felt the same hun, it does pee you off when others seem to be able to cheat and get away with it ( im not one i struggle to lose even when im good) but that just life hun, you are doing great hun stick to it.xx

7. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    It's pants, but it happens--especially as you lost 17 pounds in your first 2 weeks. Think of it this way. Some of those 17 pounds belonged in this week. If you'd lost 10 pounds the first week, 4 pounds last week and 3 pounds this week, you wouldn't feel half so bad, would you? :D

You're doing just fine. Hang in there--the scales will start dropping again in no time.

Hugs :flowers:

8. LENNY4974

LENNY4974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Week 3 is usually the worst for losses as the others have said but you are doing brilliantly and well above the monthly average already.

Take a look at the bigger picture and aim for 1 stone per month.:p

It will all level out next week - your body is just adjusting (and it never does what we expect it too!).

Good luck and take care:)

9. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    I hope so..... I'm so bummed! I mean, everyone says the 1st 2 weeks are fast and week 3 is slow, but I didn't realize that means week 1 was super speed, week 2 was 4 lbs in the first little bit of it, and halfway through that and all of week 3 was nonexistent! :( It's making me doubt whether I really lost the size, or whether my clothes are actually fitting looser or I'm imagining it.

I absolutely refuse to measure inches in anything but actual sizes dropped, because I just don't think I could take it if I lost no weight AND no inches!

I dunno what to do for a pick me up either! I "spent" my weekly treat yesterday, on the coke zero I had for energy in the middle of the day.
    I also went shopping with my friend yesterday, which was nice because these corsets and cute tops were fitting around my waist like a glove - perfect hourglass and stomach going in - but still too much "endowment' up top... So I'm totally bummed and all out of my pick me up options, slogging on through Uni. Week 1 and I'm already buried in work!

10. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

aww dont be too down, bet you next week will be better :) :) just keep going and those tops and corsets will fit even better in a few weeks ;)

11. claire1

claire1 Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    you're doing great hun, you've lost 17 lbs in 3 weeks now, i had my WI this morning and i lost 3 lbs taking my monthly weight loss to 15 lbs so although i lost weight on the scales this week my monthly total isn't as much as what you've lost in 3 weeks !!!
    the body tries to adjust to the changes which happens around week 3 , and we are told to expect an average weight loss of 1 stone a month which you've over achieved so should be really proud xxxxxxxxx :)

12. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    You guys are the best. :)

13. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    I no how you are feeling there,but just weight and see your weight loss next week im sure it will show :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.