Week 4 - fed up and puzzled!!

Zippydooh

I'm coming to the end of week 4 and its looks like this week I've lost....... Nothing!!! What the hell!? I've been 100% ever since I started the diet and I've lost 19lb so far. I don't understand why this week nothing has happened!

The only possible reasons could be..
o Not enough water
o Not enough toilet trips.. If you get my drift!
o Too many bars. Only had 3 bars in week 3... week 4 I've been on half term and been bored so the shakes haven't done it for me, so I've had a bar every day for the 'chewy factor'.

Could the bars be the problem?
If you don't drink the 2litres every day, do you retain water?

I feel annoyed that I've turned down so many nice social food times this week because of the diet.. And nothing!!

I'm really happy with what I've lost so far, but to be completely 100% and not see any difference is really deflating. :-(

Any ideas guys?!

Sometimes the scales don't show what is is happening, they don't show much in the way of weight loss but you will have lost inches, in week 2 I only lost 1lb but 3 inches off my waist! It will all catch up as I have lost 4 lb in week 3 so don't give up x

Ah Zippy, i can understand your disappointment! I hate the scales at times!! But if you have stuck to the plan 100%, with the number of calories you have consumed it is a certainty that you will have lost fat. I'm sure next week the scales will show a good loss :)

xxx

Thanks you two.

Got weighed... And I lost.. Nothing! Hooray! :-( I actually felt like crying!

My consultant is puzzled. She tried me on a ketostix and it's positive. She's suggest that I try ss+ for one week to see. Just had a yummy piece of chicken and lettuce and damn was it goooood!

Hoping to have a better week, next week.

Has anyone had a week with no loss and been unsure why?

Boooo hooo! It's a pity party in my house at the moment!

Hi ive had a low loss before 1lb and the next week it was great (cant remember what it was but its in my sig) chin up for next week :) x

Hi Zippy, if it's any reassurance, I am exactly the same as you. I was weighed last night after 4 weeks and 2 days on SS and this week I lost absolutely nothing too. Over the first 3 weeks I lost 26 lbs and was really hoping to make the 2 stone point within the first month.

My CDC's scales weigh me 3 lb lighter than my own and yesterday morning when I weighed myself I was down 3 lb on last week. By the evening and my official weigh in, I had gained those 3 lb back, even though I had had all my water and only 2 shakes.

I have taken the attitude that it is probably down to being bunged up and TOTM and that i should have a good loss next week, so I am continuing as before and sticking 100% to plan.

Fingers crossed we will both be able to report good losses next week to make up for this week.

C x

i totally get you.its soul destroying when u stick to it and DONT EAT ANYTHING and then lose nothing.i lost 2 lbs my first.i was so upset.hoping my second will be better. lets keep at it, i just keep thinking of being able to wear a very low back dress minus the back fat for my bros wedding.keep up the good work

I wish CDCs would stop being puzzled!!! - it's almost like they never see anyone who stays the same...it happens...they of all people should know that it comes and goes in waves. What do they expect? - us all losing 3-4lbs every week like robots? Ooooh it makes me cross. }:(

It is perfectly normal to have a slower loss in week 3 or 4...do not fret, cry or come off the diet. The fat has to come off some time. This is just your body going 'WOAH THERE'S A FAMINE!!! HOLD ON TO EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOOOOOT' until it goes....'Oh - right - I've just remembered what those fat cells are for...silly me - burn baby burn, we need some energy' and it'll keep on like that for a few weeks until I dunno - TOTM, ovulation, a Very Hot Day, a Very Cold Day, a day with a y in it...and it'll suddenly go 'WOOOOAH! FAMINE!!! HOLD ON!' again. Except your metabolism has no way of actually saying what it's doing to your brain and the only tool you have for finding out this is working is a set of scales powered by some springs and a battery when you have 10,000 years of bio-mechanical, metabolic and psychological evolution run by a computer science can't match.

The scales mean nothing. Repeat after me - the scales mean nothing.

I wish CDCs would stop being puzzled!!! - it's almost like they never see anyone who stays the same...it happens...they of all people should know that it comes and goes in waves. What do they expect? - us all losing 3-4lbs every week like robots? Ooooh it makes me cross. }:(

It is perfectly normal to have a slower loss in week 3 or 4...do not fret, cry or come off the diet. The fat has to come off some time. This is just your body going 'WOAH THERE'S A FAMINE!!! HOLD ON TO EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOOOOOT' until it goes....'Oh - right - I've just remembered what those fat cells are for...silly me - burn baby burn, we need some energy' and it'll keep on like that for a few weeks until I dunno - TOTM, ovulation, a Very Hot Day, a Very Cold Day, a day with a y in it...and it'll suddenly go 'WOOOOAH! FAMINE!!! HOLD ON!' again. Except your metabolism has no way of actually saying what it's doing to your brain and the only tool you have for finding out this is working is a set of scales powered by some springs and a battery when you have 10,000 years of bio-mechanical, metabolic and psychological evolution run by a computer science can't match.

LOL, thanks Cerulean - I couldn't face writing this particular post again (no disrespect to you, Zippydooh!) Like Cerulean, I find it mind-boggling that CDC's don't counsel their clients that this often happens on Week 3/Week 4. A lot. Although in this case, it actually sounds like the CDC didn't know it happens. :confused:

Hang in there, Zippydooh! You are losing fat - it's just being masked by water retention. Your body thinks it's doing you a favour in maintaining the status quo (i.e., keeping you at the same weight by making you retain water). It'll figure out soon enough that it can let go of some of that water - promise!

This is all good reading up before I start so I know what to expect and won't have to ask the same questions. Thanks ladies :)

Fab post Please tell me that when this is all over you fully intend to become a CDC....you would be a brilliant one:D

Cheers Nevada! - Ahhh - I am thinking about it if I maintain over the next year. But I think what I would rather do is train to be an actual counsellor. Hmmmmm...

The scales mean nothing... The scales mean nothing!!

Thanks everyone, your all making me feel so much more positive. Got to admit, I am loving having a meal in the evening at the moment!! Chewing real food is AMAZING!! :)

The scales mean nothing , the scales mean nothing -Lily and Cerulean ROTFL. You pair are like the oracle as far as CD is concerned. Respect!!

The Scales mean nothing, the scales mean nothing!

Thanks Ladies, we need reminding of this every now and then.
I sts today, week 5. Cant deny i'm disapointed but looking forward to a good loss next week now ;)

Just thought I'd update the thread following my STS last week. This week I have lost 4lbs, would have liked a little more in view of last week's non-loss, but hey, it's all going in the right direction and maybe it'll catch up next week.

C x

Back