Week 4 Weigh in - A bit disappointed...

Jemima Doll

Not feeling great today, just had my week 4 weigh in and I have stayed the same - despite following plan and being more active last week...fed up! Especially as we have just come through the Easter weekend where there was chocolate and yummy food everywhere I looked but I didn't allow myself a single treat. Yesterday for my Easter dinner even though I wanted Lamb I had Turkey as it's lean, as it was Easter Sunday I had 2 x meringue next (3syns each) with strawberries(free) and some fat free yoghurt(free) so I don't think I did anything wrong there. The only thing is my stomach feels bloated and a bit painful(I am am about to ovulate) so I wonder if that has to do with me not losing this week? This means I have lost 12lbs in 4 weeks, which I'm still really happy about, it's just that based on my losses so far I thought I'd lose 2lbs this week to reach a stone, so I'm a bit disappointed, I knew the week would come when I STS or gained( I just didn't want it to be this week!)but now that it's happened i just have to accept there will be weeks like this no matter how hard I tried, not let it get me get down, and move on to better weeks ahead... still at the moment I do feel a bit sorry for myself, but nevermind!:confused:

I think you need to concentrate in the bigger picture....12lb in 4 weeks is a fabulous weight loss! That's an average of 3lb per week!

You could be right, your bloating could be due to ovulation...in which case. another 'on plan' week should see a good loss next week. So often, a disappointing weigh in leads to an 'off plan' week and that just un does all the hard work from the previous week.

As you say, there are always going to be weeks where we don't get the result we expect or deserve.....but if dieting were that easy, we all be at target in no time at all!! Sadly, its not like that!

I think you need to concentrate in the bigger picture....12lb in 4 weeks is a fabulous weight loss! That's an average of 3lb per week!

You could be right, your bloating could be due to ovulation...in which case. another 'on plan' week should see a good loss next week. So often, a disappointing weigh in leads to an 'off plan' week and that just un does all the hard work from the previous week.

As you say, there are always going to be weeks where we don't get the result we expect or deserve.....but if dieting were that easy, we all be at target in no time at all!! Sadly, its not like that!

Wise words lentil2, and a good way of looking at it, thanksX

Good luck for next week...you certainly sound determined!

Thanks lentil2, I've got a long way to go but if I just KEEP going I will get there and that is the best bit!! By the way I love the dog pic you have as your avatar soooo cute!! x

I'll be coming up to my 4th week soon and I can see my scales are not moving this week, despite being good. Gets a bit depressing doesn't it :/

I'll be coming up to my 4th week soon and I can see my scales are not moving this week, despite being good. Gets a bit depressing doesn't it :/

Hi Chipsticks, It does...despite saying it's ok when we have done everything right and not been rewarded with a loss, it's not! I think it's totally natural to feel a bit sorry for ourselves (we're only human!), but then I guess the only way of looking at it is that it's how we respond to the tough weeks like this one that decide if we succeed on our weight loss journeys, I was talking to Cheese Thief earlier(what an inspiration!), and that is what she was saying, she had weeks like this too, now she has lost 6 stone! We can do it! xx

Weeks where you gain or STS are always the hardest to deal with and non more so than when you have been 100% on plan. At least if you had cheated and had a massive blow out you could pinpoint a reason why. Nevertheless, they happen and it's all about how you deal with them. It's so tempting to think why bother, I've tried so hard this week I didn't lose a thing, I might as well have, chocolate, chips, booze etc. Trust me, it won't make you feel any better and it won't get the weight off any quicker. It's all about getting your head in the zone. I've often said scales aren't really a dieter's best friend as they're not always a true reflection of what's going on. A good gauge is often to measure yourself and do this periodically, as sometimes you can see inches disappear where pounds don't. The other thing is to think about why you are on this journey in the first place when you have a bad week, do you want to feel confident, do you want to be slimmer, healthier, fitter, for you, your partner, your children? It's not a race and when the going gets tough, think about what you want to achieve, look at the inspirational photos on this site for some motivation and remember, any great achievement in your life never got handed out on a plate, you have to work for it. I really do hope that makes some sense and helps :)

wow! 12 lbs in four weeks is bloody awesome!! (even more so that your sts this week means you actually did it in three!) Congratulations!

It can be difficult not to let dissapointment get the better of us when we've a certain expectation of ourselves or we anticipated a certain result- especially if you've been doing so great and putting all this effort it. You will be rewarded though! next week you will see all your hard work i'm sure of it xxxx

Weeks where you gain or STS are always the hardest to deal with and non more so than when you have been 100% on plan. At least if you had cheated and had a massive blow out you could pinpoint a reason why. Nevertheless, they happen and it's all about how you deal with them. It's so tempting to think why bother, I've tried so hard this week I didn't lose a thing, I might as well have, chocolate, chips, booze etc. Trust me, it won't make you feel any better and it won't get the weight off any quicker. It's all about getting your head in the zone. I've often said scales aren't really a dieter's best friend as they're not always a true reflection of what's going on. A good gauge is often to measure yourself and do this periodically, as sometimes you can see inches disappear where pounds don't. The other thing is to think about why you are on this journey in the first place when you have a bad week, do you want to feel confident, do you want to be slimmer, healthier, fitter, for you, your partner, your children? It's not a race and when the going gets tough, think about what you want to achieve, look at the inspirational photos on this site for some motivation and remember, any great achievement in your life never got handed out on a plate, you have to work for it. I really do hope that makes some sense and helps :)

Really wise words that are much appreciated Jeanne Von Buttonpopper, especially the bit about thinking WHY you are on this journey in the first place and having to work to get a great achievement. Despite feeling a bit sorry for myself I am committed to this journey until the end, and will carry on as normal hoping for a better result at the scales next week...thanks so much for your support xx

wow! 12 lbs in four weeks is bloody awesome!! (even more so that your sts this week means you actually did it in three!) Congratulations!

It can be difficult not to let dissapointment get the better of us when we've a certain expectation of ourselves or we anticipated a certain result- especially if you've been doing so great and putting all this effort it. You will be rewarded though! next week you will see all your hard work i'm sure of it xxxx

Thanks Littleslimmingbee! I'm really pleased with the 12lbs loss but I had hoped to make the first stone off in the 4 weeks...still I will get there, maybe next week, or if not the week after, the main thing is to just keep going. As you say we have a certain expectation of what we want to achieve and it does make you feel a bit down when you don't get there, but so long as you pick yourself up and keep going then you are guaranteed to get there in the end, i just have to realise that this weight isn't going to come off at the exact rate i want it to, i must be more patient. Thanks for your support xx

Oh I know exactly how deflated you feel! Posted much the same story last week, only I put on 2 and half having stayed 100% to plan grrrrrrrr. Lost 1 stone in 5 weeks, but on 6th week, for some still unknown reason I put on 2 1/2. Was totally gutted and have been really struggling this week staying to plan because some of my motivation has gone, but I'm not giving in so have given it 100% again, hoping for a good loss this Thursday. Keep going, we will get there, even if it means a few sts or gains on the way.

Its just one week, so keep going :) I went through a spell where I stayed the same for an entire month and it really got to me but now looking back I wish I never let it worry me so much. SW messes with your head sometimes so keep going and good luck xx

Great advice there. I agree the small losses or STS when you are 100% on plan are hard to deal with but you have to keep going :). 12lbs is still a huge amount you will be getting your 1 stone award in no time.

I just looked back to see when it was I sts and yes, it was week 4 (so far the only week I've not had a loss). Maybe it's cursed for us!

I was pi$$ed off because I didn't deserve it at all and my consultant told me not to look at it by each week but by blocks of weeks, and that I would probably have a good loss the following week if I stayed on plan. He was right, I lost 3lbs the next week and got my half stone award, and a bit more for a brucie bonus :)

I'm the same. I maintained my weight for 3 weeks. So I decided to work even harder to get a loss the next week. I exercised more, drank loads of water, ate healthy etc. Andi gained a pound!!! I was devasted. So I booked a holiday for next weeks weigh in and m given myself time to lose at least 3lbs. Because If I don't have a loss soon I'll be leaving sw as I'm having no results. Going hell for leather now :):D

I'm the same. I maintained my weight for 3 weeks. So I decided to work even harder to get a loss the next week. I exercised more, drank loads of water, ate healthy etc. Andi gained a pound!!! I was devasted. So I booked a holiday for next weeks weigh in and m given myself time to lose at least 3lbs. Because If I don't have a loss soon I'll be leaving sw as I'm having no results. Going hell for leather now :):D
Good luck sweetypie1, it's horrible when we don't get the result we have deserve when we have tried so hard AAAGH!! I'm sure if you keep going you will get there, don't give up xx

Back