Week 5 STS :( Help!!!!

fee79

Hi

I have stuck to the diet 100% and this week have lost nothing :(. Week 1 I lost 6lb, week 2 3lb, week 3 2lb and last week 4lb. Is this normal and does it eventually even itself out over the month? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance x

Hi fee79, the same thing is happening to me, I'm into week 6 and I've STS for 10 days now - in fact I'm 1lb heavier than I was at the end of week 4 :-( I've just ordered another months supply and I'm hoping for a whoose soon. I must admit I was picking a tiny bit at the start of week 5 - but even so I've been 100% since and back in ketosis so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm trying not to think about it too much. Generally I seem to lose a bit slower than some other people on here and that's ok with me. I can't remember the last time I went to the toilet properly, maybe I'll try some fibre or something to help :-( I've been drinking at least 3 litres of water and sticking to 4 packs. I'm still really enjoying the plan and glad I started but COME ON BODY!

Good luck fee79, I'm keen to know how you get on too.

I can't wait till my sweet porridge and lemon bars arrive with my order tomorrow!

Anyone else experienced the same and then gone on to lose a good amount?

Don't worry just keep going, mine slowed down, I just don't weigh during tom now. I've had two in five weeks!

Keep hydrated and if your getting any hidden carbs strict up. Keep hydrated too

Keep going hun, your doing great, it will start moving again x

lots of people suggest looking at your losses over a month rather than daily or weekly - thinking longer term will probably help and just remember how well you have done so far, over a stone off!

Have a look in the scales not moving thread...

Have you kept your water levels up..... remember its been nice and hot so you will become dehydrated more easily!!! : ) X

I had the same in week 5. Annoying as I was on packs only back then; no veg, no milk and had been 100%. The scales did move the following week though :). Sometimes our bodies don't play ball.

For the other poster who hasn't been to the loo properly I've been having a Scandinavian Bran crispbread (85% bran) every day and I've managed to 'go' almost every day since. Given that previously I had to take laxatives all the time on this diet that was a big deal for me. It adds 31 calories and about 3g of net carbs to the total but for me it's peace of mind not to have to take laxatives constantly. I tried all of the other fibre supplements but nothing seemed to work like these do. I enjoy the crunch too.

Scandinavian Bran Crispbread | Holland and Barrett

I had the same in week 5. Annoying as I was on packs only back then; no veg, no milk and had been 100%. The scales did move the following week though :). Sometimes our bodies don't play ball.

For the other poster who hasn't been to the loo properly I've been having a Scandinavian Bran crispbread (85% bran) every day and I've managed to 'go' almost every day since. Given that previously I had to take laxatives all the time on this diet that was a big deal for me. It adds 31 calories and about 3g of net carbs to the total but for me it's peace of mind not to have to take laxatives constantly. I tried all of the other fibre supplements but nothing seemed to work like these do. I enjoy the crunch too.

Scandinavian Bran Crispbread | Holland and Barrett
Ooooooh they look nice!! x

Deezer said:
Ooooooh they look nice!! x

They're not!! They're like eating carpet tiles, but they certainly do the trick! If you can find a way to eat them they're ok x

I've only just clicked that these are scan bran( infamous on SW!) agree with Jo lol not that I've ever tried to eat carpet tiles.... :)

Ha, I like them :). I must be very strange. My friend on SW has been getting them for me and the woman there did say it was odd as no one had ever bought them before. I'm strangely addicted to them :). I have them plain and dry.

I used to make my scanbran into chocolate cake on SW - still tastes a lot like I imagine carpet tiles would taste like though!

Back